Thread: trapping store

Default trapping store

Hi ,just wondered what the interest in a trapping store in the matsu area would be, I owned Schulers Critter Getters in pa and moved to ak a little over a year ago,still have all the contacts and possibly thinking about opening one,the questions would be what is really missing in ak that we could supply,I would try to cover all the basics,just wondering what the interest would be? Randy

Well, there is Fort Greene in Wasilla area that has a pretty decent selection. I think they may have moved recently, though, but still in that neck of the woods. Sportsman's Warehouse has trapping gear but it's on the spendy side. Other outdoor shops have trapping gear available, too. For the most part, it's cheaper for me to order it online and have it delivered to my house. Anyway, a good selection of lures and traps would be nice, but just speaking for myself, it's cheaper for me to just stay home and let the post office bring it to me from FnT, Snareshop, or Minnesota Trapline Products.

There is a place on the Parks, in the Meadow Lakes area.
    3 Bears on the PW Hwy was also selling traps this year. Don't know if that will be a regular thing or if they were just testing the waters.

i set 3 bears up with traps , i was asst manager at the 4 corners store,