Thread: Me And Bk Mail Out Playing In The Tanana Flats

Default Me And Bk Mail Out Playing In The Tanana Flats

Skip_on_trail.jpgWhirlwind_props256.JPGBrain And His Wife Came Up And We Went Out And Played In The Tanana Flats They Had A Great Time

What length prop are you running?

Mine Is 80 Inch Sensenich Super Wide And Bk Boat Has 80 Inch On His Whril Wind Master Blasters His Has 502 With 2.68 Stinger Gear Box Mine Has Stroked 540 With 2.67 Belt Reduction
    Attached Images Attached Images

YAHOO....What a blast we had!
    Thanks again amigo, your rock. The wife (O.K., WE) couldn't stop smiling the whole time.
    Can't wait to do it again, soon.
    BK

What pitch # are you running on the super wide approximately

77 degrees. Max RPM is 5000 for ground running/ hi torque.
    BK

Hi There I Don't Use The Numbers Our The Letters On The Hubs Our Props To Set The Props. I Use A Digital Level That You Can Get From Sears There About A Foot Long. And I Bring The Prop Up On A Left Hand Rotation on The Right Hand Side Of The Cage And Find A Spot That I Can Use To Bring The Next One To And Put The Digital Level On Th Out Side Edge Of The Prop And That Is Where We Are Getting The 77 Degrees Set That Prop And Bring The Next One Up And Set It There In The Same Spot. Sorry Wanted To Explain Where We Were Getting The 77 Degrees, Me I Like Max Setting about 4800 RPMs I Can Cruise 3300 3400 Around 32 MPH Max I Had Mine At 52 MPH The Other Day And My Boat Is Heavy 3500# Our More

brian,
    how did you fair running dry? dosnt skip have the play ground of all play grounds to run in?
    later,
    steve

Default Digital Level

I've learned from Skip, the digital level tech and its easier and faster than using the marks and tring to get yout head inside to the marks.
    Greg t.

We are setting our props the same way.I am running a 82" 4 blade super wide.It is running about the same speed at The same rpm but max is 5000 rpm.

scr What are you running for engine and reduction. You will 4800 is a good place to set your props for max.

2.68 stinger and a felber 496sd

Skip has the ultimate playground at his door. The boat ran great, she loves wet grass and scoots right along.
    Had to use a little a throttle to run dry ground, Loved it!
    BK

I Find 4800 Works Good For Me And I Can Cruse Around 3200-3400

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    Hi There I Don't Use The Numbers Our The Letters On The Hubs Our Props To Set The Props. I Use A Digital Level That You Can Get From Sears There About A Foot Long. And I Bring The Prop Up On A Left Hand Rotation on The Right Hand Side Of The Cage And Find A Spot That I Can Use To Bring The Next One To And Put The Digital Level On Th Out Side Edge Of The Prop And That Is Where We Are Getting The 77 Degrees Set That Prop And Bring The Next One Up And Set It There In The Same Spot. Sorry Wanted To Explain Where We Were Getting The 77 Degrees, Me I Like Max Setting about 4800 RPMs I Can Cruise 3300 3400 Around 32 MPH Max I Had Mine At 52 MPH The Other Day And My Boat Is Heavy 3500# Our More
    Skip, I was at sears looking for those things. They have a angle gage, about a foot long, with a angled blade that opens out like on a pocket knife, cost $110. Is that what you are talking about. Then, do you bring up the prop and use the level to make the prop level, then use the angle gage to measure the pitch. Just checking to see if that is how you are doing it to get each blade the same pitch. Then, if that is what you are doing, somebode like me, cheap and simple, I think I could do the same thing with a level on the blade to postion it, then using the $10 protractor they have to check the pitch. Don't know if I adjust my pitch often enough to warrent $110 for the tool. Bud
    Wasilla

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...8295000P?mv=rr

Bud
    Here Is The Level I Use To Set The Props, You Can Do It A Couple Way You Can Bring Them Up Level With The Level Our Like On The Sweep Back Props I Just Find A Place In The Cage And Bring Each Prop Up To That Point And Set The Prop There.

OK, thank you. so as long as the prop is in the same postion, you can put the level across the tip of the blades and it will show the degrees. I've never used or even seen anything but the bubble level. I'll pick on of those up. Bud
    Wasilla

Hey Bud,
    When you pick it I need to borrow it next spring!!
    I'll show you how he measures them.
    (Just joking, I need to get one too.)
    BK