Thread: 2011 PSE Omen Pro

Default 2011 PSE Omen Pro

As advertised 366fps or 365.8 to be exact. Just got it in the other day just enough time to throw rest, sights peep and loop on. Shoots out to 70yards so far not sure if i would take a shot on any game at that distance but I put 6 arrows in the size of a paper plate so id say thats good.[IMG][/IMG]

Very nice, just curious did you get it from a local dealer? I've been wanting to try out the rest of the PSE pro series line but haven't found anyone that stocks the pro series pse here in town(anchorage). I had a '11 PSE Evo and that was an awesome bow!

no one stocks the pro lines here in alaska so I ordered it without even shooting it took my chances but ive shot PSE bow for a long time never been disappointed

Yeah I dont know why anyone don't stock the PSE PRO line bows, they are very very nice bows fast and smooth. I know some here are dealers of PSE but they dont stock any of them, if they do its the mainline cheap bows. I'm sure they'd sell if they gave them a shot.

I work in an archery shop in Arkansas. We have over 300 bows in stock. The Omen Pro is a very hard bow to shoot. It is very unforgiving. I would suggest you try the Dream Season EVO. It it the most amazing bow I've ever shot. Please understand, I shoot a LOT! I shoot 3-d archery tournaments all over the lower 48 states and have won 9 state championships. I know a lot about bows. To compare bows to cars, the EVO would be a Farrari and the Omen would be a top fuel dragsters. Try the EVO! You will not be disappointed.

Picking your brain, what do you think of the Darton 3800 and Bear Carnage?

I don't know anything about the Darton. As for the Carnage, it draws good, it's fast, and it's quiet. I think the PSE EVO is a better bow though. Both IBO at 345. The Carnage weighs a little more but it's still a great bow. For a hunting bow I want one that's easy to shoot, forgiving, smooth, and quiet. Speed is the last thing I think about. With the Carnage or EVO you will get all of that plus speed. Both bows are great but I'd go with the EVO.

+ 1 for the Evo.

I got one when they first came out and they are great!

Only issue I have had is it is somewhat finicky with the arrows+broadhead combo I shoot.

I was shooting PSE Carbon Force arrows originally, and couldn't get my broadheads to group with my fieldpoints. Switched to Megathrust arrows and now I'm killing arrows left and right...

I've also heard the same from quite a few different people....

i love to shoot my new omen im grouping 6 arrows in a 3-4 in space ive already messed up 4 arrows so I shoot 1 arrow at each target on my block and thats at 40 yards. I'm using 1 pin from 20-40 yards the evo is smooth but I like shooting the omen I moved the valley and wall ajdustment pin things and it made it even better to shoot