Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of something this morning

Default Pics of something this morning

Someone has drawn blood this morning, come on and post a picture. Caribou, sheep, moose??????
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I passed on a B&C spruce grouse. No sign of any ruffs. You can bet the dog got excited when she saw a gun in my hands.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

I shot a blacktail last week.

I got one Sunday too.

Alpine is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by beauhunter View Post
    I got one Sunday too.

Nice before and after pic. I'm loving it...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

It is 12:55 pm as I write. Where are all the opening day sheep hunters? Can't believe someone hasn't gotten their Iphone close enough to a signal to post a pic and short story!!
    What's this world coming to?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    It is 12:55 pm as I write. Where are all the opening day sheep hunters? Can't believe someone hasn't gotten their Iphone close enough to a signal to post a pic and short story!!
    What's this world coming to?
    lol..........
    Proud to be an American!

Well, I set the alarm for 4:45 AM, drank a pot of coffee, at first light I looked out the window, and nothing but a small herd of trained "Attack" Geese. 1/2 hour later I walked out to the outhouse, not one moose in the yard. Tomorrow I'll look in Palmer Creek for a three month old "Subsistence" Caribou.

Mammoth Tusk to anchor the boat....

High tide and calm......just gotta mark it and wait for wave action to drop it, wash it, sluice it and Ill go back and dive for it ......couple storms away and cold swimming, but doable Might just wait for Falls L O W tides and let nature do its thang and the waters receded............

Caribou too.

Im smack up on Caribou now, and for the next couple weeks, hunting for Parka Hides and meats to dry, round two now, sitting in Kotz, getting gassed and such, maby trick fellow Forum member "Kotzebue' to go out a couple days......I should just go stop by...........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

No caribou or sheep hunting for me. I hate how ASD changed the calendar. Back to school August 10th, what a joke. Opening day for sheep and bou and all five species of salmon in the rivers. No appreciation for Alaskan summers.

Tim

I agree! The new school schedules are not very hunter friendly. How do you take your kids into the woods when the schools do this and then threaten that any absent student will not be excused? And we Alaskans allowed it!!! I'm at work till the 19th, headed out the morning of the 20th to get the wife her first kill. The waiting game is killing me! But of course the kids won't be with us since they have school....

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    And we Alaskans allowed it!!!

But of course the kids won't be with us since they have school....
    I've mentioned this before, but the past two times they've adopted new schedules I have been the only person there to testify in opposition. There have been lots of letters submitted, but apparently they don't take those into serious consideration. I'm not saying this to congratulate myself - heck, I'm certainly motivated in part by self interest - but man, I would love it if we could get 100 concerned famiies out to testify next time they consider the schedule. It should be happening sometime in the next year, and I'll certainly publicize it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but the past two times they've adopted new schedules I have been the only person there to testify in opposition. There have been lots of letters submitted, but apparently they don't take those into serious consideration. I'm not saying this to congratulate myself - heck, I'm certainly motivated in part by self interest - but man, I would love it if we could get 100 concerned famiies out to testify next time they consider the schedule. It should be happening sometime in the next year, and I'll certainly publicize it here.
    When it gets close, that meeting deserves a Sticky and a calendar reminder on here....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    When it gets close, that meeting deserves a Sticky and a calendar reminder on here....
    Will do. The crappy part is that as goes Anchorage so goes the rest of the state. Heck, even some truly rural districts followed Anchorage's lead on the early start date. What a shame...

Will do. The crappy part is that as goes Anchorage so goes the rest of the state. Heck, even some truly rural districts followed Anchorage's lead on the early start date. What a shame...
    Exactly.

Might take a bit of legwork, but getting the dates for other Districts planned meetings and having members from each respective community testify might go a long way.

Heck, there are a few Social Networks that might be useful in getting both organized and the word out....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I popped a spike moose with my recurve. Haven't figured out how to post pictures yet though. Anyone got some instructions for dummies?

Tomorrow is my first day of school. FNSBSD teacher day starts Aug 11th. The siren call of teaching the Yukon is starting to call on me. They have many schools that start on September 7th for teachers. They go an extra month into June but with vacation time you would get a good moose season besides a sheep season.
    I have plans for labor day. That is about it. Gone are the days of Lew Bradley, Chuck Wirscheim, Charlie Vandergraw, Chuck Moe, Chuck Heath- days when many of the best teachers were also some of the best hunters. Sucks to be us.

Good Luck Pards.
    Thomas

Yes, even our small, private school in Soldotna is starting earlier this year. I started work today, and the kids start next Wednesday. But my principal knows that I'll be up on the Denali in September with my 10 year old.

Parents: stand your ground! Remind the pencil neck administrators that the best part of the Alaska year is late August through early September. We ain't in the L48.

FYI
    The school year in NY has been the Wednesday after Labor Day through the third week of June for about 100 years. It was driven largely by the needs of farmers. (NY used to be a major dairy state)
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Go to imgur.com - click computer - browse and select the picture from your computer - click start upload - once it's uploaded, you will see several URL's on the left hand side - copy whats in the one that says "message boards" - paste that in your text box here - If the image is too small or too large... in the upper right hand of your picture on the imgur website you can adjust the size, then redo the copy and pasting and it should be adjusted accordingly..

It sounds like a lot but takes about 1 minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast