Thread: Top Gear Toughest truck

Default Top Gear Toughest truck

Does anyone know where the Top Gear episode from last year was filmed on the Toughest Truck episode. I know they filmed some of it at Jims Creek/ Knik River, but the first part was filmed somewhere else. They said they were going to travel a hundred miles or something like that without getting on paved roads and Im pretty sure you cant get to jims without getting on pavement. Just curious of the trail because it looked challenging. Im also trying to find out what you think is one of the tougher trails in Alaska. I have been up B-29 in the rain and wasnt to bad. I guess im looking for a good thrill run that will get my blood flowing.

I belive they started out at/near Fish Creek up north and worked their way to the Knik Glacier. I don't know the exact route, but they showed it on the map during the show.

As I recall, they called it "Fish Creek", and it appeared to be somewhere between Fairbanks and Delta Jct. However, I haven't been able to find it on the topo map.

As far as touch trails, "Pinochle" has a pretty solid reputation, complete with a hill called "The Widowmaker.".

dkgeorge,
    Alot of trail info here...http://www.alaska4x4network.com/

You can watch the episode on Youtube. Those guys really abused the trucks...not much of a true "tough truck" competition IMO.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....