Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington XCR .375 RUM

Default Remington XCR .375 RUM

Remington 700 XCR chambered in .375 Remington Ultra Mag!

I bought one yesterday from Sportsman's Warehouse. They had to order it because I wanted a 24" barrel with open sites...

What did I get myself into?

- Clint

Default Welcome to the club!

Hi,

I bought one in 375 H&H last fall. I love mine. I believe you will love yours. It shots exactly where I point it. The 375 is a great round. Have fun.

Ron

Welcome to boomers. I have a .375 Weatherby, about 200 fps behind you.

First thing you'll want to do is buy some #12 lead shot and carefully add weight to the rifle in the forearm and butt for balance, while getting the rifle to a weight that will take the edge off the punch. My Brno ZKK-602 with Burris 1x5 Euro scope, loaded with 5 shells and sling weighs in about 10 pounds. Recoil feels less than my Mossberg 500A1.

You can also load down for practicing, then finish with a couple of rounds that are a little faster to build up tolerance.

The very nice sorbothane recoil pads, unfortunately, do not retain their squishiness at colder temps. Depending on where you'll want to hunt, a traditional ventilated pad might work better for you.

Thanks for the replys....

It seems nobody is making 375 RUM ammo other than Remington.
    So I'll be reloading....

I ordered some 300 gr Barnes Triple Shocks from Midway and 100 brass, now I need to figure out what powder I want to use. I was doing some research and noticed the BC of the 300 gr X bullet is .555....

This is gonna be a fun rifle for sure!

- Clint

If you plan to use the Barnes TSX 300 gr.,they have recently revised down the BC to .357

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    If you plan to use the Barnes TSX 300 gr.,they have recently revised down the BC to .357

you did not have to crush his happiness so soon!

Default 375?

You should have bought a Weatherby in 338-378. Haven't you learned anything yet?

Nice. Taking it hunting this fall, I assume?

Default 375

Clint,

Let us know how you like it once you have shot it. I am curious to know how much recoil that bad boy will have!

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    What?!

- Clint

You should have bought a Weatherby in 338-378. Haven't you learned anything yet?
    I specifically wanted the 375 RUM, but only after I tried to get a Sako rechambered to 375 Wtby and gave up because of the similar ballistics and availablity of brass/factory ammo....

Nice. Taking it hunting this fall, I assume?
    Actually after getting charged and having to take a Brown Bear this last fall in Defense of Life or Property (DLP) at less than 8 yards. I decided to get a bear specific rifle. I pretty much got tired of dragging my Weatherby w/50 MM scope and 26" barrel up and down the mountain. So I'll be bringing it out this spring to hunt black/brown bear...

Let us know how you like it once you have shot it. I am curious to know how much recoil that bad boy will have!
    It won't be long, we only have a few more months till spring...

This waiting is killing me!

- Clint

Give the Barnes TSX 270 grainers a shot. Only thing I shoot in my 375 H&H.

You should load up some 350 grain woodlieghs weldcores. Midway has them as well as a host of others. You could stop just about anything with them. Just my 2 cents.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    You should load up some 350 grain woodlieghs weldcores. Midway has them as well as a host of others. You could stop just about anything with them. Just my 2 cents.

Ron
    Got some load data?

- Clint

Default Here you go Clint : )

Hi,

I emailed Geoff McDonald of Woodleigh Bullets in January about the same question. Here is what he emailed: "For both SN and PP 350gr bullets use Federal 215 primer, 68-72 grains of Hodgdon H4350 for 2300-2380 fps or 73 grains H4831SC or IMR 4831 for 2250 fps. For FMJ reduce SN load by 5% and work up."

I hope this helps.

Ron

Default Remington...

I'm not too familiar with the XCR, a synthetic Remington I presume. Can some of you folks who are Remington fans tell me what you like about the Remington rifles. What is the good, bad and ugly. Why would you want that over another rifle in the same price range? Just curious. Thanks.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Just my 2 Cents Here

I personally am not a remington fan, or a fan just of one gun maker. I wanted a rifle that could handle the worst mother nature can dish out. The XCR has a hogue overmolded synthetic stock. It also has a limbsaver recoil pad. The trinyte coating is almost the perfect weatherproof coating, so between the stainless and the coating it should hold up. If CZ would make a rifle like that , I would have looked at it, but CZ emailed me and was less then nice in a response to an all-weather design or future in doing so. I own a Ruger M77 all weather but at the time Ruger did not make a 375 H&H in that design. So I looked at the Winchester Stainless Model 70 in 375. Then winchester went under. So last summer I was left with only a few choices. I have friends that have remingtons, I had a 742 and a nylon 66 so I figured try one out. I am sold on the XCR. I really wish that the various companies offer more....

Ron

Default 300 Rum

Beararms.com has a Remington 300 Ultra Mag with a leupold vxII on it. Its all brand new with a sling for $599. Thought id let you guys know. Its a heck of a deal.

Wink Remingtons Good And Bad

Murphy, I like the action, safety and feel of my remingtons. Don"t know why but I seem to shoot my remington shotguns the best, 11-87, 870. I have an older 700 adl 7 mm mag in walnut great gun for the money. Here come the dislikes, I hate the new locks on the action, on newer models! Its just another place for water to get in and freeze. I don"t care for mag. floorplates, and would rather have a bomb proof rifle. I also have a XCR 375 RUM, , and i"m not sure what the floorplate is made of , plastic? Alum? Bill
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast