Thread: 30.06 to 338-06 AI forming

Default 30.06 to 338-06 AI forming

Ok what I am trying to figure out is what a step by step process to make a 30.06 brass become 338-06 AI
    If was to put everything together I would guess to size up to 338 then fire form. But just wanting to make sure i am doing it all right. Any more advice would be great
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by savagehunter83 View Post
    Ok what I am trying to figure out is what a step by step process to make a 30.06 brass become 338-06 AI
    If was to put everything together I would guess to size up to 338 then fire form. But just wanting to make sure i am doing it all right. Any more advice would be great
    Matt
    Provided you're starting with new brass, what you described is all you need to do. Simply neck size to .338 (be sure to use a tapered expander ball), then fire form.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

If you are using fired brass I would suggest first cleaning, then annealing the brass, resize with a tapered expanding ball, check the overall case length and trim if necessary, make sure the cases will chamber in your rifle, load and fire form.

How would y'all suggest I go about fire forming. I keep reading about cream of wheat lol. Never have done that style but sounds interesting