Thread: Inflatable Boat/Motor/trailer Combo-what's it worth?

Default Inflatable Boat/Motor/trailer Combo-what's it worth?

Hey everyone...first post here! I'm thinking about buying an inflatable boat/motor/trailer from a friend. It is an '02 AK series 16.5' with aluminum floor. The raft is in good shape with a patch or two. The motor is an '08 mercury 40 HP and two years left on the warranty... Also has a flatbed trailer that it is sitting on--nothing special. So, I'm pretty new to these types of boats and don't know what they should be worth. What do you think would be a fair price?

I'll take a stab.........others will surely chime in. Boat: $12,000 new, an '02 is probably still a good $7000. An '08 40HP Merc is an easy $2500. Trailer, probably about $500. Offer him $8K - $10K and you'd probably be doing alright. I was in the market for this setup but its been awhile. Ended up going with a cataraft instead. Good luck!

That looks about right to me....

The suggested boat price is high depending on the model and my price sheet that I got at this years boat show. The AK Series sell new for approx 50% of the price listed on their website. IMO a 10 year old inflatable with patches is worth less than half of new price, to me anyway. I assume the motor is a 4 stroke?

Anyway, I'd agree with the above pricing except the boat, which I'd value at about $3k sight unseen.

If the motor is a 2 stroke, might be worth $5,500 or so for the entire rig. 4 stroke, maybe up to $6K.
    Opinions vary widely on this, the only opinions that matter are yours and the seller.
    Tennessee

Aug & Sep boat prices tumble a spring boat will sell for a lot more than a fall boat. Bought and and sold a lot of
    boats in the last 20 years and if I did not sell them in Aug or Sep I was better off holding them till next spring.

Inflatables are tough to figure out value on. They also depreciated faster than other boats. There are lots of reasons for this: the life expectancy of the glue, wearing materials, oxidation, exposure to the sun, and so on. At any rate, it would be worth a heck of lot (at least to me if I were in the market) if it has been sitting in the bag with little use, and the motor has low hours. I'd say if it is in great shape one could expect to pay 5-7 thousand for something like this if it is in excellent condition. If it has had rough usage and shows great wear and tear, then considerably less.