Thread: Props to Barney's

Default Props to Barney's

Just a quick note to express my gratitude to the guys at Barney's. I recently purchased a used hunter pack and frame then took it to the store for fitting assistance. I worked with Tyler who impressively overhauled the pack with a great tune up of strap adjustments and pin replacements. When I went to check out with a few items I needed to pick up, they said the tune-up was on the house! Great to see that service is still alive at Barney's. Thanks guys, you've earned another loyal supporter and local advocate. Many already know of this 'culture' at Barney's but for those who don't, give this locally owned business a chance to impress you with their impeccable service and knowledge of Alaskan hunting/mountaineering.

A First Class/Top Shelf operation.

I've always had service beyond expectations there. Can't say enough about how they treat their customers.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

I am another very satisfied Barney's customer. Great gear and great people make an outstanding combination.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Threads like this, are what make me shop places. Looks like a Barney's pack will be my choice.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Barneys IS the gold standard!! Even from 3000 miles away. Good people, good service, whether I'm there in person or in minny soda!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    I am another very satisfied Barney's customer. Great gear and great people make an outstanding combination.
    +1 . . . . . . . .

we need a Barneys in Fairbanks..... jus sayin...

Tyler is family...I think? Not that it matters more than to say the business has had that family-run local business flavor forever. Excellent product knowledge and field experience are typical of the staff at Barney's Sports Chalet.

I met "Chuck" an 82 (now 85) y/o who lives in Sterling, who told me his tent, the one he's used on many solo-canoe moose hunts and the one he bought from Barney Silers was wearing out. Nice to see props for a local business. From Mr Silers to Mr Hodson, what a terrific local tradition and reputation.

Thanks for posting this.

Based on the gold star props on this and other forums, I ordered my Hunter pack and frame during their 10% sale in late July - can't wait to pick it up at the end of August!