Thread: New to Hunting - Looking to Tag Along

Default New to Hunting - Looking to Tag Along

If anyone could use some help from a new guy on a moose or caribou hunt I would appreciate the opportunity to tag along and watch. I want to help out with as much as I can and I would really like to get some hands on experience taking care of game; a guy can't learn by books and videos alone.

I have a strong back so helping to pack out won't be a problem. I have my own rifle and backpacing/camping gear but no big toys yet (wheelers or rafts). I suppose I could rent these if necessary and I am willing to split the cost of getting there as well.

About me, I'm 37 and have lived in Alaska for just over two years now. I spent the first year in Anchorage and moved out to the valley last year. I am married with an 8 mo/o daughter. We moved here from a job in Pensylvania but we both were rased in the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you for your consideration and good luck!

Dave
    two3two+2seven.ATE.9

How much time off are you able to get at a time? How much advance notice do you need? I'm still trying to sort out the details but I'm thinking of going up after caribou in september now, likely the third week of september for the whole week.

NA, I can get two weeks off and I can ususally take it with little notice. My boss is already well aware that it's hunting season and is great when it comes to time off for this kind of thing.

Ok, good to know. It's still in the planning phase right now, & seeing who all is interested. If you have your own backpacking gear, that's a major plus.

~ Garnet

I go out to the Valley just about every weekend to visit the inlaws; maybe I can swing by and go for a coffee? And I can go over some of the ideas I had and see if that's something you're interested in.

~ Garnet

Sounds like a plan, Call anytime.