Thread: Question for the Mods?

Default Question for the Mods?

I've noticed today that when opening a thread and when its loading up it gets like 98-99% green bar on the bottom right corner and sticks. on the left side it Reads Facebook and it sticks there sometimes until I hit the thread again then it finishes.Most of the time it says Read forums.outdoorsdirectory.com. So why is Facebook holding things up from loading right. Am I the only one? I don't Facebook and don't even know the connection to here.

Hmm...I'm not seeing that. Anyone else? What web browser are you using?

Brian I'm using Firefox. What its doing is when I hit the forum button to go back to the front main page It doesn't finish loading and it always says transferring data from www.facebook.com. Kind of odd I think and yet I can still scroll up and down the page and go to threads and have them finish loading. Ive left it for a good long time and it just seams to never get to where it says Done.

I'm getting the same thing.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Still hanging on Facebook tonight.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Yup me to. We can't be alone with this are we? The front main page will not finish loading up. it almost always says transfering from facebook but I have also see in some times will change to say reading facebook.

Clear any cached cookies for this site.

Also adblock plus is an addon for firefox that will help with some of the hanging load times.

Well today I cleared the cookies still was doing the same thing. I made sure I was using the latest greatest Firefox, still the same thing.Took a bit to find that adblock plus you said. I found it and I have never had the forum work so smooth. That fixed it and now it moves from thread to front page like lighting. Thanks Junk I owe you one.

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    Well today I cleared the cookies still was doing the same thing. I made sure I was using the latest greatest Firefox, still the same thing.Took a bit to find that adblock plus you said. I found it and I have never had the forum work so smooth. That fixed it and now it moves from thread to front page like lighting. Thanks Junk I owe you one.
    Glad to hear that. Life is too short for slow load times. Also too short for 49.5" bulls.

My system hangs on "facebookconnect" too. I can get around it by hitting the back button and the forward button, but it's become obnoxious. Started about 2 weeks ago. I'm on Mac, OSX, Firefox. Right now I'm using Safari and not getting it.

But I have another problem that forced the switch to Safari (which I hate with a purple passion). When I hit any of the reply buttons, I get the usual dialog box but with no cursor. Can't reply at all now. That started three days ago. Sent an email to the webmaster at the time, but no response of any kind.

I use firefox too, and do NOT ever see this. I'm on Windoze XP, if that matters.

Another cog might be that I'm not a FB'er; I have no account there whatsoever, so, as such, I have no FB cookies or other recognizable computer issues with that site. Could that be the difference?

All this feedback will be invaluable to the problem solvers, I'm sure.

I heard back from my email to the mod, and the slow response was a wait for his return from a caribou hunt. Good for him, and I'll suffer a little longer if it means the guys that run this place have hunt time, too. He said he was baffled but was sending the reports and symptoms "up the line" to folks with more technospeak in their blood.

Interesting point about fp accounts. I had one a couple of years ago, but quickly decided it wasn't for me. I just walked away from it, so there may be an account still lurking back there somewhere. Only way I'll ever go back to check is if the techies here say the accounts are the problem. Then I'll happily revisit and kill the sucker.