Thread: Leica Televid 77 Spotting Scope for $799.97

Default Leica Televid 77 Spotting Scope for $799.97

I just wanted to throw this opportunity out there incase anyone's been wanting to get one of these. The only reason I'm not taking it is that I just bought one at a similar price yesterday. Apparently, this seller has a new Leica Televid 77 spotting scope with straight viewing for a "Buy it Now" price of $799.97 on ebay. I'm pretty sure that it DOES NOT come with the eyepiece, and the seller looks to have excellent feedback from previous customers. The eyepiece I bought for mine is a 20-60 power variable zoom eyepiece and runs about $550. For those who haven't checked prices on these things, they typically run at about $1000 more, around $1795-$1845. The auction ends in 4 days from this posting. No, I am not the one selling it... I just thought it looked like a great opportunity to get one of the finest spotting scopes in the world at less than half price, and I thought, "Who better to have this than one of these Alaska sheep or bear hunters?" If I'm proving myself to be an idiot by overlooking a much better deal, please let the rest of us know where we can find this deal. Good luck. The link is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-Televid-77...QQcmdZViewItem

Barron

Default be careful....

good feedback or not, some of the biggest scams on ebay are linked to optics...Swaro, Zeiss and Leica are all fodder for ripoffs...Gray market goods are prevalent too. Just my .02
    I bought my Leica geovids on ebay with no problems, but if something is super cheap be very wary.

Frank

Default Be carefull...

I bought (supposedly) a Zeiss Diascope on Ebay last year. Got scammed. Never received product. Turns out it was just a scam. No product ever intended to be delivered. They guy/girl had taken over a cancelled ebay store account and had like 2,000 feedbacks that were 99% positive. I couldnt get ebay or pay pal to do anything except agree that I got scammed. I had my credit card company take care of it thankfully. I wen to B & G video (New York) and bought the Zeiss scope after that. A good price for the product. The price you suggest is way low. I would be very careful!

Thanks for the info. I've told the seller that I'll pay as soon as they confirm shipment. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm intent on not losing money on this deal. Take care.

Barron

Barron,
    Have you asked the seller if that scope is a product that has the North American warranty? A price that low is suspect to me because Leica has always had a minimum retail price for all their dealers in the US.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default scams on optics

like mentioned above...MANY scams on ebay with regards to optics. I saw Swarovski spotters on there for $699 and contacted the guy. He lived overseas, wouldn't give me a phone number, said he didn't have a good address b/c his house was burned down, etc, etc. Total scam...I ended up just paying the $1650 at sportsmans warehouse and getting one. Be careful, verify the seller and call and talk to him personally...then still cover your butt.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

So what was the outcome Barron? Inquiring minds want to know.