Thread: Spot 2 On Sale

Default Spot 2 On Sale

Best Buy has the Spot 2 on sale in silver for $99.99 and then you can get the $50 rebate for a net of $49.99. I've been wanting one and this was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SPOT+-+SPOT+2+Satellite+GPS+Messenger+-+Silver/9511012.p?id=1218116795825&skuId=9511012&st=spot 2&cp=1&lp=1

I didn't see anything on the site indicating $50 rebate. Where did you find that info?

thanks

Hmm...my Spot contract is up for renewal this month. I might have to consider upgrading since it would only be an extra $50. For the weight savings and the 3rd programmable button, that might be worth it.

http://www.findmespot.com/rebate50/

Read the fine print. It says you have to buy at a participating retailer at $149.99+.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    I didn't see anything on the site indicating $50 rebate. Where did you find that info?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superx View Post
    http://www.findmespot.com/rebate50/

Read the fine print. It says you have to buy at a participating retailer at $149.99+.
    $99.99 might be still worth it. Thanks

Hmm, I'll try the rebate when I get the unit anyway, but thanks for point out the fine print that I didn't have the foresight to read...

Hmmm, they started running this same deal on the original SPOT just a few weeks before they announced the SPOT 2. Wonder if they have a 3 up their sleeves...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Best Buy Anchorage does not have the Spot 2 on the shelf and has removed it as an inventoried item, both stores. You can buy it elsewhere for $149.99 and get the $50 mail in rebate.

I got my rebate today, so great deal!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Nice. Just a follow up to a previous post... the current rebate form states that the "average retail price" is $149.99, but it doesn't mandate a specific retail price to qualify for the rebate (anywhere in the fine print).

Here's a link to the rebate form, which is still good through 12/31/11...
    http://www.findmespot.com/rebate50/d...l_12.31.11.PDF

As much as I think the 3rd button is cool, I have a bit of an issue with the notably shorter battery life of the AAA powered SPOT-2. One pair of AA batteries has run my original SPOT for over 300 hours in Tracking Mode where it is transmitting my coords every 10 minutes, which is over 1,800 radio transmissions to a satellite in space while constantly recieving satelllite transmissions from 8 to 12 GPS satellites and computing my current location via a computer that is more advanced than what NASA installed in the Apollo 11 spacecraft.

Just think about how flippin' amazing that is!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

With the SPOT Connect running at $150 and other 'PLB' systems with 2 way text capability about to hit the market (running on Iridium network - http://cerberus.briartek.com/ ) I would have thought they would soon be giving away SPOT 1 and 2 just to get service contract money.
    SPOT pioneered this market, but like all the pioneering technology (Betamax Video, Laserdisc etc) they will be superceded and I think it will be soon. Being tied to Globalstar they will not be able to achieve the 2 way communications that other makers are starting to produce.

That Cerberus is an interesting looking device... until you look at the price page. At $500 for the unit plus $395 per year for service, they will not be taking any SPOT users away.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    That Cerberus is an interesting looking device... until you look at the price page. At $500 for the unit plus $395 per year for service, they will not be taking any SPOT users away.
    Yep, t'aint cheap. They could do well on the rental scene though, I think $65 a week or similar was the price/

I just ordered the black Spot 2 online from Best Buy for $99. With free shipping and the $50 rebate is noted on the order.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskafilm View Post
    I just ordered the black Spot 2 online from Best Buy for $99. With free shipping and the $50 rebate is noted on the order.
    Actually, I went back and re-checked the receipt and the rebate isn't in print on there. Will have to look into it but at $99 still not a bad deal. Now to see if I can roll my current Spot acct over to the new device.

The Spot2 is now $79.99 on the Best Buy website.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    The Spot2 is now $79.99 on the Best Buy website.
    Must have been a 1 hour sale

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...s&nrp=15&iht=n