Thread: Cordova coho in yet?

Default Cordova coho in yet?

We have flight reservations to Cordova for Sept 2nd. Has anyone caught any Silvers there yet? Or when do you think they will be coming into the rivers? Any help would be appreciated.

There's a few. With the large amount of rain, the water is high, murky and hard to fish. If you stick to you're flight reservations you'll be in the thick of them.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good guide and lodge or B&B?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I'd stay at the Prince William motel, rent a car and forget about a guide and just go fishing out the Copper River Highway

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Can't do it. Bringing the wife.

Any input on the Orca Lodge?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA

I see, so you and your wife would rather stay at a bunkhouse than a motel...

I'm taking a poll

Well, the silver run in Cordova does not seem to be a secret. IF the Orca lodge has any room, it isn't bad. It is a long walk to town, though. They have guides and boats to get you a little bit out of sight of the road system. That time of year is Cordova's "tourist season" and if I had to pick a place to stay, the Light House Inn is incredibly comfortable. It is run by the same people as the Rose Inn. The Prince William Motel isn't bad either. I believe you can at least still plan adventures with the Orca Lodge though even if you are not staying with them. Anyway, many ways to skin that cat. Good luck.

I stay at Orca Lodge. Nice friendly place. This year will be 2nd time for us. Anyone has a fishing report from Cordova rivers?

miwai, if you're looking for a nice clean B&B, PM me.. There's a place we used last year that was VERY clean, just outside of town washer/dryer wifi.. Its a LOT nicer than the Prince William, and way closer to town then the Raneys place.

BTW, if you want to do a fly out for the day, the Tsiu has a good bit of fish in it already!

Whoops, should have directed that at ysr racer...

Hello Fishhuntster......Thank you for your info.....even tho it's for ysr racer.....I appreciate your sharing....I will need to figure out how to do a PM to you....I'm thinking that you like to hunt too....I'm a bow hunter...what do you hunt? Yes, my wife and I would like to do a "fly out"...we inquired about it last year with S. Raney but the weather was too bad for flying. I'll have to figure out how to PM you. LOL

Hello miwai. If its in season, I'll probably try to hunt it!

Sent you an e-mail..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhuntster View Post
    Whoops, should have directed that at ysr racer...
    PM sent !!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA

Rather long winded reply sent!

As far as I'm concerned you're an idiot if you fly out or get a guide.
    My buddies 6y/o kid went to ibek (7mi) and caught 3coho on 3 casts just yesterday Unless you have
    money burnin a hole in your knickers. It's only getting better especially if the bone headed management only gives us gillnetters only 1day a week so the creeks are
    Stuffed for the tourists like you guys

I'm taking a poll

fullbush, I'm sorry to hear the tone of your post. Rather than slam people and call the idiots, take into consideration that fact that for some people its more than catching a fish. It, for some is about the experience. For those wondering about 7 mi., here it is below:

And coming from the aiport to town, its just before those mountains, the other picture..

Sure, you can pull fish there....

Right under the road.. With cars and trucks flying by, 20' away from the family who brought their kids out for the day who are throwing rocks into the water.

But for the people coming from Hawaii, or California, or Pennsylvania, who may be saving for that once in a lifetime trip, or return trip(s)... To put money into Cordova's economy.

Please reconsider your choice of words.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhuntster View Post
    fullbush, I'm sorry to hear the tone of your post.
    No tone at all pal I was just trying to save the people some money. Oh and I didn't actually mean anyone is an idiot, I should have said, "IMO it's idiotic to hire a guide for silvers in Cordova when the creeks are stuffed w/ them" So forgive me for my unintentional tone, just trying to help.

I'm taking a poll

Thank you all for such encouraging words about the Silver season. Looks like they are already in the rivers and pretty thick. I'm already counting the days before we leave home for Cordova. One person says the water is high, murky, and hard to fish...another said a 6 year old caught 3 salmon with 3 casts......could it be that they are fishing at different spots?

Now I'm going to the Alaska Freshwater Regs to see the rules of fishing in the Cordova area....hope it's not too complicated.

Hello....is there any more reports of Silvers at Cordova? Which river?