Thread: Valdez Silvers

Default Valdez Silvers

Anybody know how the fishing is out of Valdez? I put my trip off till the last week in Aug. I hope I'm going to be too late.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thanks, I'll try that.

Just me again checking out the fishing reports from this past weekend out of Valdez.
    Thanks Rusty for the info.

Anyone went to Allison Point this weekend? Any silvers?

We are planning a "possible" trip this coming weekend, provided there are any silvers at Allison.

Any reports back from this weekend would be great.

I went to allison point yesterday 8/7. Didn't spend too much time there.. Less than an hour. Lots of pinks.. didn't see any silvers.

People still catching the pinks every cast? Or is the run fading fast?

I just got back home here in Fairbanks from Valdez...Rain was cold and constant, fishing was bad even for the charters. But you know that can change in a day! We limited out 18 fish in a day, but in a whole 12 hours to do it, the 7th was awful with 40 degree hard rain and very few hookups.

My charter was cancelled for rough seas/small craft advisory on 8/7/11. It didn't help any that the skipper has a known habit of doing this. If anyone is going out with the Moral Welfare and Recreation (MWR) boat from Fort Greely beware. Kinda ruined our whole weekend there. But as they say a bad day fishing is better than a great day at work. Did have a bear try to steal our cooler at camp, that was exciting.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_O View Post
    My charter was cancelled for rough seas/small craft advisory on 8/7/11. It didn't help any that the skipper has a known habit of doing this. If anyone is going out with the Moral Welfare and Recreation (MWR) boat from Fort Greely beware. Kinda ruined our whole weekend there. But as they say a bad day fishing is better than a great day at work. Did have a bear try to steal our cooler at camp, that was exciting.
    Are you saying your skipper conjured up the weather? They call them small craft advisories for a reason!