Thread: Deer pee or other scents/attractants for moose

Kenai Peninsula

Default Deer pee or other scents/attractants for moose

I've got several bottles of 'doe in heat' deer urine I purchased for a deer hunt several years ago. Just curious if this would work as a moose attractant during the 'peak of the rut' for moose? After all, the moose is the largest member of the deer family ... can't be that much of a difference between regular deer urine and moose urine.

Does anyone here use 'deer pee' or scents while moose hunting?

Personally, I hunt moose by spotting and stalking ... but if I was stalking and the wind changed on me, I may be inclined to squirt a little deer urine on my boots or aerosol into the air. There are some products specifically designed for the moose hunter such as the 'moose bomb' see link -

Any thoughts or experience with scents for moose?

Central Illinois

I have never read, or heard, of a "love" encounter between a moose and a deer - but that likely comes from the deer as I doub't a 140lb doe wants a 1200 lb boyfriend!
    I have experimentd some with cow (moose) urine - I think it could pay off if you huint the same area several days in a row - I was not fortunate eoungh to repeat hunt the same spot more that twice so I do not have a good feed on it. Several hunters do use scents and there have been some discussions in the archives.
    Jess on this forum can fix you up with very high quality lures and her service is second to none... Check out Baitem products.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....