Thread: 2006 King Quad 700 ?

Default 2006 King Quad 700 ?

I'm looking at buying a used 2006 KQ 700 FI. Any thoughts on this particular machine would be appreciated. It will be used for hunting, pulling a trailer, plowing, etc. Thanks.

I own one and like it. The biggest thing I would recommend is to buy a Battery Tender. I learned this the hard way having gone through 3 batteries before buying one myself. It seems with all of the electronics, these new machines suck battery power when sitting. Now I just put the tender on the battery if the wheeler sits for a week or longer and I have had no problems at all with the battery.

If you want to know any other information about it let me know I will be more than happy to give you any information.

I actually have an 06 KQ 700 with 1500 miles, winch, skid plate, a arm guards and plastic tamarack box I might be willing to sell, really haven't put much thought into it until now.

My thoughts on the KQ are it seems to be a very reliable machine. The only problem I have ever experienced with the KQ is dead batteries when it sits for extended periods of time. The ride is smooth and very comfortable. Center of gravity is spot on and it's not tippy like other atv's I have drove. My biggest complaint is the KQ doesn't feel like a 700cc atv, it feels more like a peppy 500. And just like RCBOWHUNTER mentioned the KQ will suck a battery dry if it sits for months on end without use. Otherwise it's a fine ATV.

Thanks guys. I looked at a 06 KQ 700 last Friday (met him in Cantwell). It's the red one with Goodyear mud runners, winch, and about 1,100 miles on Anchorage Craigslist. The guy totally mis-represented the machine saying it was pristine and in excellent condition. It took me about 30 seconds to find a torn cv boot, both rear wheel bearings shot, excessive play in the steering, and he slapped 27" x 12"s on the front AND rear and they rub! I sure appreciated him waisting a tank of my gas and my day off from work to look at his worn out piece of crap. Anyway, I'm going to hold out for a grizzly 700 with P/S and low miles - thanks.

Good call on the P/S! I have buddy that has the Grizz 550 P/S and all I can say is wow! What a difference. I don't like riding it because I have to get back on mine. I think you will be happy you held out. BTW the 550 IMO has plenty of power? Just a thought.

RC