Thread: 8 more days left now, to mail your PU permit to F&G

Cool 8 more days left now, to mail your PU permit to F&G

F&G wants you to return your PU permit to them by 8/15.

Today I got mine back in the mail, returned to sender. After mailing 30+ postcards in the past few months using my too-large supply of 28 cent postcard stamps, USPS in their infinite wisdom decided to send my PU permit back to me with a nice little notice saying they would like me to pay them one more penny before they will actually deliver it.

Looking it up, it appears that the USPS postcard rate went up in April 2011 and USPS just didn't notice or care or something about all my previous use of my 28 cent stamps. So now I need to head to the post office and get in line and give them one copper penny and my PU permit (again) so they will actually deliver it in time.

I guess since I'm getting in a 30-40 minute long line to pay that penny to George or Mike down there, I might as well bring an extra buck for a hundred one penny stamps to make my existing supply of 28 cent stamps usable (USPS will NOT buy back your old, now-inadequate stamps).

Is it any wonder that USPS is struggling, financially?

OK, now that I feel better having vented that, one last plug: Mail your PU Permit in the next week, everyone!

Smile It only gets better.... you can't make this stuff up!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I guess since I'm getting in a 30-40 minute long line to pay that penny to George or Mike down there, I might as well bring an extra buck for a hundred one penny stamps to make my existing supply of 28 cent stamps usable (USPS will NOT buy back your old, now-inadequate stamps).

Is it any wonder that USPS is struggling, financially?
    So I bought my one penny stamps to augment my supply of 28cent postcard stamps now that USPS has raised their rate by one penny 6 months ago....

And, as I'm buying them, the USPS employee tells me that they're selling me the one penny stamps at a loss since the USPS paid 3 cents per, to have them printed! I could not stop laughing.....

Again, is it any wonder that usps is struggling? They've got some real genius's at the reins, obviously.

Just buy them "forever stamps" and be done with it. So much easier than trying to figure out the complexities of rest of the rules. I gave up on "post card" rates years ago. Everything just gets a "forever stamp" and into the box it goes. No worries about whether the size of the cardstock meets the newer, smaller "post card" size limits or what the actual current postage rate is. And you can just go online to the usps.gov site and order a large batch of "forever stamps" and they'll be sitting in your mailbox within a day or two. Quite frankly, my time is worth considerably more than the couple penny difference in stamps if you waste it trying to determine what size and value of stamp you need to put on the post card or envelope today.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default you buy what they're able to sell, if you want to send

I do agree, though keep in mind I've stood in line (a long line) to ask for 'forever stamps' and been told that this is all they got. So it ain't quite as easy as you say (though it should be).

literally more cheifs than indians.

a psotal worker once told methey have more bosses than workers at the usps. YES, apparently everything they do, every transaction is scutinized by the higher ups in DC.

usps has major major problems. your story is funny, but sad, but true.
    edit signature here

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I do agree, though keep in mind I've stood in line (a long line) to ask for 'forever stamps' and been told that this is all they got. So it ain't quite as easy as you say (though it should be).
    Don't stand in line! Go to usps.gov and order the stamps via their online store. The stamps will be waiting in your mailbox within a couple days. No lines. No BS from the workers about not having any forever stamps left in stock as they try to push the expirable stamps (why do they even print any other type of stamp anymore?)
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by hooternanny View Post
    literally more cheifs than indians.

a psotal worker once told methey have more bosses than workers at the usps. YES, apparently everything they do, every transaction is scutinized by the higher ups in DC.

usps has major major problems. your story is funny, but sad, but true.
    wish i could rep myself for being such an excellent typist and speller
    edit signature here

No need for the USPS anymore. They operate at a loss ($3.1 billion last quarter) and can't compete in the real world. All I get from them is junk mail and bills--at least the one's that we don't have emailed.

They're antiquated and need to go.

My PU permit isn't complete. It got soaked with me and is partially missing. Do I still send it in, try and get another one, or just go to fish and game and drop it off?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post

My PU permit isn't complete. It got soaked with me and is partially missing. Do I still send it in, try and get another one, or just go to fish and game and drop it off?

Tim
    I'd go to F&G and show them your card/let them know what happened. I drop mine off in person anyhow so that I have a receipt showing that I did indeed turn my card in, but with a damaged card that would be doubly important.

Brian, you can also call and ask to speak to a person in charge of the dipnetting stats. They will do it over the phone if you explain why you are calling instead of mailing. Save some gas and time!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

The following was posted in AST Dispatches. Thought it might be of interest, fyi:

Case Number: To Be Assigned

Type: Fail to Return Personal Use Permit

Text: On 8-18-11 Alaska Wildlife Troopers responded to Centennial Park
    reference a complaint about three individuals retaining snagged fish.
    While checking the sport fishing licenses of the individuals in
    questions, Wesley G Vent, 26 yoa from Anchorage, was found to be in
    possession of a 2011 Upper Cook Inlet Personal Use Permit. Personal Use
    Permits are required to be returned to ADF&G by August 15th. Vent was
    issued a citation for failing to return his permit. Bail was set at
    $210.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    The following was posted in AST Dispatches. Thought it might be of interest, fyi:

Case Number: To Be Assigned

Type: Fail to Return Personal Use Permit

Text: On 8-18-11 Alaska Wildlife Troopers responded to Centennial Park
    reference a complaint about three individuals retaining snagged fish.
    While checking the sport fishing licenses of the individuals in
    questions, Wesley G Vent, 26 yoa from Anchorage, was found to be in
    possession of a 2011 Upper Cook Inlet Personal Use Permit. Personal Use
    Permits are required to be returned to ADF&G by August 15th. Vent was
    issued a citation for failing to return his permit. Bail was set at
    $210.
    210 dollars is all it cost if you're caught stealing these days? That should serve as a deterrent
    Makes me wonder how much time and effort goes into investigating all the fraudulent dip net permits that get turned in. Probably just as well, the courts couldn't handle the case load

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Hey big boy, I'm working on that. There is a conflict on regulation so anything cited will fail, according to the Attorney General. The Legislature needs to get involved to fix things.
    I'm a hunter and if I don't turn in my permit, hunted or not I can be fined or barred the following year. The powers that be are hesitant to get into this fight till the legislature does on dipnetting. Just don't think I'm one way on this, I believe dippers should abide by regulation too. Come help me fix this by being polar opposite and still agree on something. It would look goood for the powers that be, being that we both agree.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Come help me fix this by being polar opposite and still agree on something. It would look goood for the powers that be, being that we both agree.
    Whop, thank YOU for the work you do to improve things for us all. Yes, you type away online too just like the gabby rest of us, but in addition to that you ACTUALLY do something about it. Whether you can work with the one you just invited or not, thank you for what you do. It is appreciated.

Fm, thank you. Everybody must abide by the rules, no-matter who they are!!!

BTT..........

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Come help me fix this by being polar opposite and still agree on something. It would look goood for the powers that be, being that we both agree.
    Or maybe you should adopt MY sig line.... LOL