Thread: Help With sat phone rental!!!

Default Help With sat phone rental!!!

Hoping someone can help me out of a bind. Just got into ANC and didn't make it to surveyors exchangebefore they closed to pick up my phone. I fly out early monday morning for the Brooks. Hoping someone knows somebody there and has number OR another outfit that will rent on a Sunday. Pm me if you have any info or advice.

Thanks,

WD

Try calling Brian Richardson. He does raft rentals, float trips, etc.. and has sat phones he rents to clients on unguided trips. He is a long time forum member here as well and I just sent him a PM to inform him of your thread here. Call him and with luck you can get in touch with him. Either way, good luck on your trip.

-Dan

http://www.alaskaraftconnection.com/contacus.htm

1120 East Huffman Road PMB# 537,
    Anchorage, Alaska 99515
    United States of America
    (Toll free in U.S.A.)
    Tel: (800) 616 - RAFT

(Local in Alaska)
    Tel: (907) 250-2271

Email: alaskaraftconnection@gmail.com
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Melanie Taylor of Backcountry Survival had some when Surveryor was out. She even delivered it to me and picked it up at the mooses tooth when we got back Give her a call 907) 227-0876

Got a hold of Travis at Alaska Survival Co. which is Melanies company above. It was a bit pricier than surveyors, but they are available 7 days a week,(I'm assuming all day as he called back at 8 pm.) and I would have easily have paid double in a pinch. FWIW

-WD

Can't find an Alaska Survival Company when googled. Any contact info?

Back from my first sheep hunt (success!!!) and just wanted to put in a good word for AK Survival Co. I was able to pick the phone up on a Sunday and then left it to be picked up at the Bed and Breakfast I was staying at on the way back through. Really saved my bacon, because I ended up spending a bunch of time on the phone trying to get ahold of our pilot for an earlier pickup, and then days later letting him know the weather was great where we were and why weren't we being picked up???!!!

Anyhow, anyone else needing a phone their # is 907-227-0876. They are available 7 days a week, and seem to be even in the evening as I mentioned earlier. Ithink the phone was somewhere around $75/week and then you had to prepay for a minimum of15 minutes up front at $1.50 a minute.

WD

Good to know. Thanks for adding the price. I had know idea what they rent for. Seems like a reasonable life insurance policy for Alaska. Just never know......