Thread: Valdez boat rentals?

Default Valdez boat rentals?

Is there anyone in Valdez that rents boats? I know about Fish Central, but frankly I don't think $250/day for a small open skiff is all that great of a deal. Are there any other options??

You could try to bum a ride from the dock- it should be real busy the next few weeks.

I just got back, otherwise I would have put you on my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Blood View Post
    I think the fishing shop also rents boats. I don't know the cost. They are the same open skiff style.

Or you could try to bum a ride from the dock- it should be real busy the next few weeks.
    I've already got a friend who's going to be there with a boat, but I'm taking the family and I don't think he'd appreciate us all showing up....lol.

Thanks for the info, though. I think I'm renting from an outfit here in Anchorage and towing the boat there. It sounds like a pain, but it's a bigger, covered boat for half the price of a Fish Central skiff.

Fish central is "OK" I just rented a 18 footer from them and fished for silvers the 6th and 7th. Make sure when you check out the boat that you really look things over...like the prop, net and gear they supply. If you don't catch defects first, they will not hesitate to charge YOU! The 18 footers are good for three ppl and have Honda 50's on them so they get out to the fish quickly. STAY AWAY from boat #7, which is a tub that barely will get up on step and burns fuel at a furious rate! I have been renting from the for 10 years off and on, but am frustrated by their disregard of the details like big holes in worn out nets, missing rod holders at the rear of the boat and a general condition of worn out.....

Quote Originally Posted by AKPakrat View Post
    Fish central is "OK" I just rented a 18 footer from them and fished for silvers the 6th and 7th. Make sure when you check out the boat that you really look things over...like the prop, net and gear they supply. If you don't catch defects first, they will not hesitate to charge YOU! The 18 footers are good for three ppl and have Honda 50's on them so they get out to the fish quickly. STAY AWAY from boat #7, which is a tub that barely will get up on step and burns fuel at a furious rate! I have been renting from the for 10 years off and on, but am frustrated by their disregard of the details like big holes in worn out nets, missing rod holders at the rear of the boat and a general condition of worn out.....
    Yeah, I've used Fish Central before, and it gets the job done, but seems over-priced for a small skiff for the day. I'm going with plan B and renting and towing a boat from Anchorage. It's bigger, covered, and heated for half the price. Even though I'll basically pay for a day's use in driving, it's still a much better deal.

Who are renting from in Anchorage? That sounds like a good way to go. PM me if you want to keep it quiet....

http://www.bearboatrental.com/index.html

I will post a more informed review after our trip, but that is who to contact. As of yesterday, the 17' boat was still available during our time frame, 21st-24th. We are renting the 21' Jetcraft.