Thread: 15 months and counting.

Default 15 months and counting.

Has anyone had problems with ****** ******* Taxidermy? I dropped of 2 bear hides a year ago May for simple tanning and have yet to recieve them. In May of this year i finaly got a hold of him and he promised my son in laws would be done soon, as he was deploying to Afganistan. After repeated promises that is was just about done he dissapeared again. Alas no rug. Repeated phone msgs and texts go unawnsered to this day. I feel sure im not the only one having problems with this business.
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-23-2011 at 20:53. Reason: name removed per forum rules

Do you mean ****** ******** *** taxidermy or is there another one by the name you posted? Because if you are talking about ****** ******** *** Taxidermy in North Pole there are several people who have had issues with him.
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-23-2011 at 20:54. Reason: name removed per forum rules

Thats the one.

We are having problems with him also, going on 2 years for us. Sucks that someone can treat people like this.

****** is the best word that comes to mind.

the business owner should surrender the items to the owners so they can take it to other taxidermists.

find the residence and go see his wife and get your stuff back asap. certify a letter, make an ultimatum and takeyour business elsewhere. some take in more business than they can handle and i understand deploying, but obligations need to be met.

as a customer do something about it. 2 years waiting for one poster? granted some taxi's have taken a year for me, but 2 years??? 15 months??? go get your stuff back and take it elsewhere asap.

mitigate in wrighting. nice job keeping this thread alive northway, rep sent+
    edit signature here

Going to his house has not helped since he has his child answer the door no mater what day of the week or time and say he is not home. Talking to his wife just gets you more promises that he will get in touch with you and make it right not to mention all the bs excuses that goes with it.

mandengle has been waiting two years as well.

I think its about time to go camp out in their driveway to get some resolution. Wonder how long a grown man can hide in his home and use his wife and child as shields?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Going to his house has not helped since he has his child answer the door no mater what day of the week or time and say he is not home. Talking to his wife just gets you more promises that he will get in touch with you and make it right not to mention all the bs excuses that goes with it.

mandengle has been waiting two years as well.

I think its about time to go camp out in their driveway to get some resolution. Wonder how long a grown man can hide in his home and use his wife and child as shields?
    I think ****** is the proper word here.

Update! After months of no contact I managed to get him on facebook of all things, after repeted promices to have my son in laws bear done before he returned to Afganistan, he delievered one comepleted rug. I told him i wanted both hides back no matter what stage they were in and he assured me that his would be done. After looking at the rug, the ears were terrible and he complained that they were turned wrong, but he was the one to turn them. It was put in my son in laws man cave and the next day the chemical smell was so overpowering to the extent that it had be put outside. My hide was returned to me in a garbage bag with him telling me that he had just rehydrated it. I take that to mean he used a hose on it. I now have a shurken, salted, molded, wet hide that i hope someone else can salvage. Even thou he had promised to do both rugs at no extra cost due to the legnth of time for the turn around, i am out my deposit and am the proud owner of a rotten hide. After doing some quick math, i figure that my son in law is deployed with 3500 soldiers from Alaska, if only 10% of them hunt that leaves 350 potential clients, if only 10% actually score a trophy, that would mean 35 people are going to look else where for their taxidermy needs. That cant be good for business.

Just awful! I think someone needs to turn him into the authorities! If he was an honorable person, he would just give back everyone's stuff he had. When I saw pictures of his work, I questioned why anyone would have given him their business anyways. There are still people out there waiting for their stuff! I'll have to check out FB!

Quote Originally Posted by akspawnner View Post
    Update! After months of no contact I managed to get him on facebook of all things, after repeted promices to have my son in laws bear done before he returned to Afganistan, he delievered one comepleted rug. I told him i wanted both hides back no matter what stage they were in and he assured me that his would be done. After looking at the rug, the ears were terrible and he complained that they were turned wrong, but he was the one to turn them. It was put in my son in laws man cave and the next day the chemical smell was so overpowering to the extent that it had be put outside. My hide was returned to me in a garbage bag with him telling me that he had just rehydrated it. I take that to mean he used a hose on it. I now have a shurken, salted, molded, wet hide that i hope someone else can salvage. Even thou he had promised to do both rugs at no extra cost due to the legnth of time for the turn around, i am out my deposit and am the proud owner of a rotten hide. After doing some quick math, i figure that my son in law is deployed with 3500 soldiers from Alaska, if only 10% of them hunt that leaves 350 potential clients, if only 10% actually score a trophy, that would mean 35 people are going to look else where for their taxidermy needs. That cant be good for business.
    The hide has to be hydrated to stretch it. If it is still wet, bag it and freeze it. You might call Terry at Black Bear Taxidermy, he does a lot of rugs and may be able to finish it for you. Should not be a problem other than the mold, it can be soaked and stretched as long as it has not rotted.

Good luck

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Its good to hear somebody got their animals back sorry to hear yours were damaged hope they can be salvaged.