Thread: Russell APXG...

Default Russell APXG...

For those who chose not to wear hunting garb that a guy needs to mortgage his house to afford (Kuiu, Sitka etc.), check out the the Russell APXg2 L3 jacket...looks like a great high country coat and reasonable at $79.95 with free shipping from Dick's Sporting goods...most places retail this coat at $140.
    I'm splurging on one this year.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...413885.4418348

I'll post a review.
    Proud to be an American!

My wife and I bought some Russell APX gear last year about this time. We love it and it holds up
    far better than I expected. Great stuff at a very reasonable price.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I will vouch for it I have the Quarter Zip pull over version of that it is very warm and has held up great I got it on sale for 30 bucks at sportsmans.

Nice, guys.

Just literally ordered up a pair of matching Russell APXg2 L3 Zephyr pants for $45 on the Camo-fire site. Can't beat the prices at that site--almost unbelievable most of the time.
    Should complete the Fall hunting clothing setup for just around $125...I'm stoked!
    Proud to be an American!

This past winter I got the Russell APXg2 Gale L4 pants and jacket. I have worn them in a variety of weather conditions and situations and have been nothing but impressed with their performance. Now, I have never owned any "top" of the line hunting apparel before to compare them to, but you sure can't beat the price/performance comparison in my opinion.

Terry

Well, gave the Russell jacket to my son because it was an XL and just a wee bit small on me.
    He really likes it; it performed nicely on Kodiak...great coat for the coin.
    Proud to be an American!

Good thread. I'll tell you after "wasting" $$ on Sitka gear, I am going back to the "poor man's" clothing. All the sitka gear did this fall was take up space in my pack. Didn't realize it, but Sitka gear is also very bulky and heavy. I like it for atv/moose hunting, but it isn't the "ticket" for sheep hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Good thread. I'll tell you after "wasting" $$ on Sitka gear, I am going back to the "poor man's" clothing. All the sitka gear did this fall was take up space in my pack. Didn't realize it, but Sitka gear is also very bulky and heavy. I like it for atv/moose hunting, but it isn't the "ticket" for sheep hunting.
    lol, thanks for the candor.
    A lot of dough has been plunked on stuff like $300 Sitka Jetstream raincoats. Guys dropping $2,500 on a clothing ensemble....blows me away.
    Proud to be an American!

I really like the Sitka camo pattern, but for stuff made in China, I can't stomach the price.