Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valley fishing report willow, montana, sheep, sunshine

Default Valley fishing report willow, montana, sheep, sunshine

What is the word on the fishing in the valley?
    Heading out on Saturday.

Default valley streams

They are HIGH and look like chocolate milk.

Does rabbit slough count?

Crystal clear water, bit higher than normal, fishing? As good as it gets . BUT!!!! You need to paddle to get to them. The fishing holes that are foot accessible are empty and very tough fishing, the canoes, kayaks, and other assorted small motorless boats were all pulling out with limits in relatively short order.

willow high on muddy saw a few catch pinks. and some people using eggs in the confluence not sure if that was legal or not but they bonked the 2 fish i saw them catch
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    willow high on muddy saw a few catch pinks. and some people using eggs in the confluence not sure if that was legal or not but they bonked the 2 fish i saw them catch
    Bait is legal in Willow Creek from the mouth to a marker 1/2 mile upstream. The "confluence" at Willow Creek SRA is well within those boundaries.

AK Chappy

Fished willow for about an hour at around 6 at the mouth. Water was high and muddy as previously said. Caught and released 1 pink and the other fish I saw caught were pinks.
    hook, line, sinker, done.

thinking about heading up tomorrow to willow again. any improvements in the water? thanks

just got back from afternoon @ Willow Cr. Water very high and cloudy saw three Chums caught one each, eggs, pixie, and flossing... someone down the bank got a small silver... Action Very Slow, Maybe give it a day or two for the water to clear up

went to the mouth of willow last night from about 8-10:30. my brother and i probably caught and released over 20 chums, he released a pink, and we got our limit of silvers. bite was on for us the whole time we were there. is it still a 6am-11pm fishery? or is that just during king season? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    went to the mouth of willow last night from about 8-10:30. my brother and i probably caught and released over 20 chums, he released a pink, and we got our limit of silvers. bite was on for us the whole time we were there. is it still a 6am-11pm fishery? or is that just during king season? thanks
    open 24-7 now fishak

thanks. also caught a tagged chum. trying to figure out how to look it up. number was 405384

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

thanks. also caught a tagged chum. trying to figure out how to look it up. number was 405384
    Call it in to ADFG

Didn't know they had a chum tagging program. Thought it was only for bows. Callit in to Chris Brockman at F&G. 746-6338

Nice! Were y'all throwin hardware or eggs?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Nice! Were y'all throwin hardware or eggs?
    if i told you id have to kill you, haha used the usual silver hardware with mostly spinners and a few pixies

if i told you id have to kill you, haha used the usual silver hardware with mostly spinners and a few pixies
    LOL. Im just curious. Not asking for your secret weapon. Im just kinda gathering info on what works best where. My best friend is coming to stay with me next summer and we are gonna pretty much live out side on the rivers. If I know what is producing better in which areas I can hopefully maximize our catch and eat rate.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    LOL. Im just curious. Not asking for your secret weapon. Im just kinda gathering info on what works best where. My best friend is coming to stay with me next summer and we are gonna pretty much live out side on the rivers. If I know what is producing better in which areas I can hopefully maximize our catch and eat rate.
    no secret weapon, just noticed when it was still light out it was green, then when it got darker it started to be better with brighter colors

Pile of fish at the mouth of Montana and in the creek for that matter.. They are hitting as well and a lot of fun if you like to catch pinks and chum's for fun.. We were there for 4-5 hours this morning and hooked a lot of fish and only one was a silver. I hope they are just late but I don't think that is the case. I saw one other guy with a small silver and other than us with our one that was it..

Went again this morning from about 630-11. Nothing like the other day, released a pink and my brother released a pink and 2 chums. Very slow going.

Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    Pile of fish at the mouth of Montana
    pinks and chum's
    hope they are just late but I don't think that is the case.
    small silver
    Do you think maybe the chums and pinks that are piled up at the mouth might be late? I do seeings how its August 13th. The fish are tracking late this year. The small silvers means its the beginning of the run, the big ones are still out feeding. From what I can tell this is looking to be an average silver season IMO.... I know these things so be patient

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast