Thread: Pricing my 16.5' Alaskan Wooldridge?

Default Pricing my 16.5' Alaskan Wooldridge?

How much do you think I should ask for my Wooldridge?

I think it's a 1998 model with top / 16.5' long. Top is a little used up but the boat is in very good shape.
    Outboard is about the same age with low hours. 75horse Johnson two stroke
    comes with a good trailer.

Call Glen at Wooldridge and ask him as well as compare same type boats on Craigslist, anchorage and Alaska's List. I know a guy who just paid $17,900 for a 88 boat with a 2006 motor. A few extras
    Shine it up and shoot high and go down to a price you can live with.

I'll try the call. I've looked around craigslist and the alaska list but there's just nothing there to compare to...

Quote Originally Posted by Cakayaq View Post
    How much do you think I should ask for my Wooldridge?

I think it's a 1998 model with top / 16.5' long. Top is a little used up but the boat is in very good shape.
    Outboard is about the same age with low hours. 75horse Johnson two stroke
    comes with a good trailer.
    Cakayaq, With out seeing the boat, running and testing the motor it's hard to state a value. A clean boat with a good bottom that runs good with a jet would be priced at $9900.00 in Seattle maybe $11.999.00, about what it cost new. A boat would be worth more in Anchorage due to the cost of freight. Glen

I have a '93 17.5 wooly AK with a 2001 90 Merc outboard jet and if I were to put it on the market today I would ask about $11500.... That is if today were closer to spring than winter..... If I HAD to sell it then I would drop to $9999. My boat is solid but certainly not blemish free, if you have a garage queen with complete maintenance records then you may get a little more. Do you have any pics of it to post?

I think the fact that the boat is in Bethel would be a significant factor. What would the freight cost from BET to ANC? If it is significant, then most of your potential market is local I would think...That being the case I dont think that the Seattle cost or even the anchorage cost is that relevant.

Good luck selling your boat, btw. That is a size and make that is on my short list of things to own...someday!

Here is a couple photos. No jet foot but it does have a lift. The bottom is in good shape with no dents that I've seen. It's not garage kept so there is a ding or scratch or two but all in all it's in very good shape. Shipping out to Bethel would have to be around 2 or 3 grand so I'd add some portion of that to the price.

Attachment 51610Attachment 51611

Sounds like a fun little boat. You might double check the year. The last 2 didgets of the serial # are the year of the boat.
    The last 75 hp Johnson was about 1988. It then became a 70. If its a matched set from 1988 $6,500.00 to $7,500. is a
    good price range.

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that.. it's a Mariner.. not a Johnson. Duh!

Default photos

Here we go again....

Wooly2.jpgWooly.jpg

I don't know what I did wrong last time but here's my second try at photos.

Pictures look good. Based on a 1998 year package it would book out at about $13,500.00 depending on hours.
    Nice package.