Thread: Fishing in Alaska

Default Fishing in Alaska

Hello

I am coming to Alaska early Sep. I will be staying in Denali, Seward and Homer. Does anyone have any advice for fishing in these areas? Where to fish and what to use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Merle

I don't have any advice, but you'll be covering a lot of real estate.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Many good books on the subject, even down to the mile post number.. This sight sells them as well, do a search.

George

Agree with the above post. Pick up a book or two from the book section on this site, study them, and ask more in depth questions later. Worth every penny! Wealth of information available both in those books and here. Awesome time to fish Alaska. You will not regret it. September is great for silver salmon, rainbow trout and Dolly Varden. Also halibut and ling cod can be great. Have fun!

Thanks to those who replied. I will take your advice and look at the books.

Drop by Fishapalooza. It is an informal get together of forum members. Check out the sticky (above all other threads) in the fly fishing forum. I will be there Sept 5-12. Near Cooper Landing, we camp at the Russian River Campground (rainbow loop). Folks float the Upper Kenai (sportsmans to jims section mostly) and fly fish for dollies and bows. Most folks fish beads during this time of year. We shuttle rafts to river and float, back to camp and chill out around campfire with cold beverages. Small get together for the most part. Folks pop in and out, some for a few days, some for a week, some longer. You can rent a raft, PM me for info. Max at Alaska Canoe and Campground in Sterling (nearby) rents rafts. Goo Vogt of Alaska Wildwater in Anchorage rents them. Many other options. You could always book a guided drift boat trip on the Upper Kenai with Troutfitters. That is a fly shop and guide service in Cooper Landing. Google troutfitters of cooper landing. You can hike in the Russian River, Quartz Creek, and a few spots along the Upper Kenai if you don't get on the water. Tons of opportunity there in Sept. The fishing can be great. Send me an email if you want more info. You are a new forum member and likely can't send private messages yet. Feel free to email me. You spend time in Alaska during Sept and don't fish this area, you are missing the boat. Pun intended.

-Dan

danattherock@hotmail.com

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Just checking to see if anyone might have some more advise. Thanks

There are about 15 new posts in your thread in the alternate universe.

Unfortunately, in this one, only the information before you can be read.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.