Thread: 95 king quad bearings

Default 95 king quad bearings

Im the new owner of a 95 king quad 300. The back tires have quite a bit of play/slop. Is this normal? The front seem to be rock solid. If it was my trailer, Id say the bearings were shot, but I cant see any obvious damage to the bearings in the hub. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yup, bad bearings....there should be no play....easy to change, pull the a-arm and tap 'em out...2 bearings/seals on each side....get used to it, the independent rear on those just seem to eat up the bearings
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Thanks - thats what I figured - went a head and started working on them. Got the break side off and bearings out. Will be replacing the breaks also.

I forget the socket size, but a large socket of the correct outside diameter works really well to tap the new bearings in, just make sure the socket is hitting the outer race (steel) and not the inner seal. I have done this a few times. Gets easier every time!!

Good machine, love the super low range, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

I'm trying to change the bearings on a '98. Problem is I can't get the 2 bolts off the arm. Is there a trick to this? It's like the rubber bushings fused to the bolt preventing it from unscrewing. I'm close to adding some heat to it but I don't want to damage the bushings.

I just remembered why I haven't changed my oil filter in 10 years. last time I did it I stripped one of the 3 bolts that hold the spring loaded cover. Last night I took the initiative to give my 2000 KQ some tlc so I changed the oil and filter. 2 bolts are now stripped and the spring loaded cover is held fast w/ 1 bolt.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov