Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Dog Needs A Home

Default Yellow Dog Needs A Home

I am relocating and need to find a home for my yellow lab. I hate to give him up, but circumstances just won't allow him to make the move with us. Six year old hard charging AKC yellow male from Tiger Mountain Pointing Labs in Ellensburg Washington. Great marking dog with a good bit of hunting experience and lots of drive and desire. Housebroken, crate trained, good obedience and some basic handling. I'm not looking to sell, I just want him to go to a good, hunting home. PM for more details or any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

my womans good at finding good homes for pets I will show her the ad when she gets home she will help you find a good home for him
    P.S. nice looking boy
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Interested, we lost our 14 yr old yellow last year and my chessie is 11 and starting to show her age. I will talk to my wife.

Man..got to be tough getting rid of a great looking lab... I just lost my waterfowl parnter of 11 years...was a great dog and a few on here got to see her work... I would jump on this in a heartbeat...but have to leave myself soon and really not over losing her yet...I will be back soon enough and hopefully either get a chance like this presented or get another one...looks like a great lab. Sorry for the loss.

DH
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Ive hunted with this dog it is one hell of a dog. If I didnt already have two and a beagle pup on the way I would take him.

Sent you a pm Yukon

Do you still have him--- not sure how this would be for my marriage since I have two already but mans best friend is a dog. I love the retriever breeds. I have a young Chessie that is giving me fits right now man they are hard headed at times but I love her. She is headed to basic training while I am out of town. Let me know and I will see if I can get the boss to approve

Still available. The season is right around the corner.

Do you still have your Lab? I am interested in him. How does he tolerate other dogs?. I am training a 12 week old chocolate male. I think it would be good for him to have a companion and grow up around an older more experienced dog. Can't seem to PM. I look forward to your response. Thanks

Sorry for the slow reply, we've been busy prepping for the move. The dog is still available. He gets along well with other dogs and loves to play. I can be reached @ 907 nine five seven 6264. Feel free to call if you'd like.

Duckman needs to pick up this dog. Any avid duck hunter like him needs a dog, I would not go hunting any more if I did not have a dog. Working with the dog is at least half the fun of any hunt trip. We have 4, 3 laabs and a golden, or I would take him off your hands. Call Baron at Wetland Kennels and Retriever Training (he is always on dog training forum). My dog has made retrieves that I will remember far longer then the shooting to kill the duck. He will help you find a hunting home for your dog. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Duckman needs to pick up this dog. Any avid duck hunter like him needs a dog, I would not go hunting any more if I did not have a dog. Working with the dog is at least half the fun of any hunt trip. We have 4, 3 laabs and a golden, or I would take him off your hands. Call Baron at Wetland Kennels and Retriever Training (he is always on dog training forum). My dog has made retrieves that I will remember far longer then the shooting to kill the duck. He will help you find a hunting home for your dog. Bud
    I really considered it belive me. But I think he may be a bit big for my Aquapod.

is this guy still available? i am definitley interested.

I tried to call and left message ....

Havent heard a thing...???

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been on the road moving and am just getting to the messages. The dog is still available and in Wasilla with my family. I will return telephone calls today.

A little more info on the dog- he has good basic obedience. Continued work on obedience will help keep him sharp and bond with a new home. He marks well and has no problem picking up doubles. He is whistle trained and trained to handle. This training, like obedience, should be continued. It gives him a job and exercise and helps with the bonding thing.

He loves to play with the kids and will retrieve whatever they throw.

Again, I apologize for the delayed response. I'm in a new area with limited connectivity and an iPhone so please bear with me. Thanks for your interest.

I continue to be amaized that somebody hasn't grabbed up this dog, sounds like a great opportunity to get a dog that will be an advantage to any hunter who does not already have one, and here less then 2 weeks before the season opens. If you have hunted ducks without a dog and have never had a duck dog, hunting with a dog will at least double your enjoyment. However, any new dog will need some work with you before the two of you become a team. You can get help with the new dog locally, and often free. Bud
    Wasilla

I have two already but my Lab died this January and I might be interested in getting another one. Even if I can't keep em I'm sure I could find a good home for him. Throw me a PM and we can go from there.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Blackdawg, I don't think it's an issue of no interest in the dog. I spoke to the owner by phone this morning, and, as I understand it, it has been a simple issue of coordination. He has already left state, but the dog is still in Wasilla with his family. He is sending his wife prospective owners' contact info, so, when she can, she is contacting people about the dog. I get the impression that there are at least 2 or 3 people interested in the dog. Hope she calls me first =) but I suspect that I'm further down on the list.

I am interested also.....
    I sent ya a pm....email me we can chat

Default Home has been found

We found a home for the dog this afternoon. I appreciate everyone's interest, willingness to help and patience with me. Having limited connectivity really slowed me down.

Tobin- I sent you an email.

There was another member that called, but the voicemail was garbled and I could not understand it. Again, I appreciate everything and apologize for slow responses. I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable season.

Kelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast