Thread: Finally took the online bow course

Default Finally took the online bow course

and the next field day that has open slots looks like it is on the 16th. Guess I will be ready for moose bow season next year. Hopefully I get the field day qualifier number before the 16th qualifier is booked up. Sure wish Palmer had one before September really don't want to go to Anchorage and be out that late when work is possible the next day.

Yeah I should have done it sooner but work has had me guessing on hours for awhile and finally got a chance to sit down and do the online class if I had to do the classroom who knows when I would have been able to do it.

At least its almost done.

Don't throw your cards in yet! I just took the field day qualifier last week, and one of the things they mentioned is that people drop out and sign up right up to the day of the course. So perhaps keep looking for an open spot. One might open up. Also look for other field days in the Valley or down on the Kenai, work a fishing trip in maybe. You could also just eat the $30 for the online course and sign up for the full-day course. There's one this Saturday, although I'm not sure about space available.

What really burned me is that I planned to tag along with some friends that were going up to the Haul Road this last April. We started planning out the trip in November. I looked online, and found out there wouldn't be another bow certification course of any description anywhere in the state until May. I ended up having to bag it. I was angry. Got the cert now, though, so I'm cooling off...

(Good Luck!)

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Next step is to become a volunteer instructor so someone can teach those winter classes
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

If I showed up to say the proficiency test on the 9th what are the chances I would be able to shoot? Do people usually not show up? Or would I be better off just going to the one I registered for on the 16th?

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Also, as I understand it by getting the certification you could still hunt later with your bow in the bow only areas (palmer-wasilla, nancy lake, etc.).

I shot with Greg, we procrastinated too.

It pays to have a smart phone checked this morning and thee was one opening for tonight's shoot so I was able to grab it. Now all I have to do is not fail.