Thread: This really sucks!

Angry This really sucks!

I don't know if any Hewescraft owners have seen this article, but it is a good case for capital punishment!

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...lle-boat-firm/

In some places in the world they would chop off his hands............!
    I find it unacceptable that recycler would repeatedely purchase "Virgin" aliminum as scrap..!.............If thats not suspicous.then what is?
    I think Hewes would go after them if possible.....................................JJJee ezzzz what a mess, people layed off..........!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I would be easy to blame the company for not covering their butts very well. But, I am not going to do that. Nor am I going to blame the scrap metal place. It is solely on the shoulders of the guy who did it. He is the guy - nobody else is really to blame. I hope they take his house, cars, and lock him up for as long as possible. And then, I hope he has to pay restitution for about ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    I would be easy to blame the company for not covering their butts very well. But, I am not going to do that. Nor am I going to blame the scrap metal place. It is solely on the shoulders of the guy who did it. He is the guy - nobody else is really to blame. I hope they take his house, cars, and lock him up for as long as possible. And then, I hope he has to pay restitution for about ever.....
    100% agree. I talked with Hewes several times about small issues with my boat and I can't say enough good things about a fairly large aluminum boat company. Normally I expect to get fair to poor customer service the bigger the company get but hewes has been fantastic. They've always treated me fair and I'm the second owner of my boat. How can a guy complain about that.

I'd hate to see something happen to them that put them out of business. They make a solid boat and they are good with their customers. Glad they caught the thief and I hope they send him to AK for a little citizen justice. Maybe we can show him the bottom of the sound....close and personal. What a dirt bag *******. Another example of folks not wanting to earn their own.

In the article it was stated that many times they would find good sheets mixed with scrap....tough to catch especially when your investigative offical was the one you trusted the most and was also the one doing it. I still would think that their is more then him and his wife involved. This is not items you can pocket and walk out with.

I worked for a company that did alot of plating, to include gold plating. Over 5 years a few the employees of the plating department walked out with almost a million dollars of gold. Even with strict security measures in place, special no pocket clothing, and process thru a security check point, they still almost go away with it. A couple of them got a little too extravagant in their purchases which raised a red flag and they all took the fall. Once one rolled they all rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    I find it unacceptable that recycler would repeatedely purchase "Virgin" aliminum as scrap..!.............If thats not suspicous.then what is?
    I worked for a company that scrapped a lot of "virgin" aluminum sheets. The sheets had a special cladding on them, and there was a fairly high reject rate for the sheets, if the cladding was scratched or damaged in any way. Extra material was ordered for a particular job, and because of the specialized nature of the product, much of it couldn't be saved & later used for a different job. Our scrap bins were often loaded with brand new looking material, but completely useless for our particular needs.

I saw all kinds of "brand new" stuff being sold as scrap when I worked at a metal recycler, as well. I remember a whole truckload of brand new 2-cylinder, 2-stroke engines (like you'd find in a jet-ski or snowmachine) that were scrapped due to some faulty manufacturing. These looked like brand new engines, less carburetors. I imagine recyclers see stuff like this all the time, especially commercial recyclers, and eventually become less and less suspicious.

Having owned a couple of Hewescrafts, I'll echo the sentiments of those that told of their great customer service experiences. I've had GREAT transactions with the folks at Hewescraft office. They've been able to quickly answer my questions and get me what I needed. I feel for the honest folks at Hewescraft making solid, affordable boats. I'm glad they caught the thieving bum!

Smile Aluminum vs Fiberglass debate is alive!

I would like to use this as my opening argument for the never ending aluminum vs fiberglass debate...

Pro-fiberglass; They rarely steal it and recycle it.
    Con-Aluminum; They can illegally sell the hull material to recyclers.

HA! Top that!

No wonder the price of boats jumped 10,000 or more at Deweys this year! Glad they caught him!

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    I would like to use this as my opening argument for the never ending aluminum vs fiberglass debate...

Pro-fiberglass; They rarely steal it and recycle it.
    Con-Aluminum; They can illegally sell the hull material to recyclers.

HA! Top that!
    Your correct Myers, scrap fiberglass has no value. [P.S. I am glad they caught the guy.] Glen

Justice has almost been served. This DB got sentenced to 6 years today & his wife gets sentenced tomorrow.