Thread: Dm802

Default Dm802

Drew a DM802 tag this year and planning to hunt between 15-25 Sep. Anyone else planning to hunt the same area?

We are planning to be there on a party hunt with two tags.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmag View Post
    We are planning to be there on a party hunt with two tags.
    Same here but my friend can't go at the same time so another friend going along with a regular harvest tag. Planning to run from Nenana starting around the 15th.

My partner and I will also be there. Any thoughts on this area? We have not hunted this far up the Yukon before. The sucess rate for last year does not look real good.

Quote Originally Posted by cdakrwm View Post
    My partner and I will also be there. Any thoughts on this area? We have not hunted this far up the Yukon before. The sucess rate for last year does not look real good.
    give me your email and I will send you some info on what I know about the hunt
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by cdakrwm View Post
    I've hunted the Koyukuk years ago but not in this area so it will be new for me as well. Running down the Tanana will be a first as well but I hear it's not difficult and aproximately 120 miles to Tanana Village. Anyone know what the water debri is like this time of year as far as leave, grass plugging the jet? I'm thinking I'll install my weed grate just case it's nasty.

Debris in the Tanana will not be a problem for a jet. It is a big river and doesn't get that much debris unless the water comes way up - That isn't a problem in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    I've hunted the Koyukuk years ago but not in this area so it will be new for me as well. Running down the Tanana will be a first as well but I hear it's not difficult and aproximately 120 miles to Tanana Village. Anyone know what the water debri is like this time of year as far as leave, grass plugging the jet? I'm thinking I'll install my weed grate just case it's nasty.