Thread: What happened to the Copper River counts??

Default What happened to the Copper River counts??

It hasn't been updated in about a week...anyone know if it's still functional or is it already pulled for the season??

dunno. usually their last posted count is July 31. I sent them an email and will hopefully hear back soon.

~tr

At least have the water level going until end of august.

NOAA charts on my site automatically load, so as long as they keep posting data, the charts will update.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    NOAA charts on my site automatically load, so as long as they keep posting data, the charts will update.
    So can you post a link to your site? I'm just curious if the water level will drop any time during the remander of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanpogi View Post
    So can you post a link to your site? I'm just curious if the water level will drop any time during the remander of the year.
    Click on the link in his signature. It's a one-stop sight for all of Copper River info including water levels.

So going by the NOAA water level chart what would be an ideal water level to go dipping?

So going by the NOAA water level chart what would be an ideal water level to go dipping?
    Really varies by the hole you're fishing. Only experience will tell you what's best for the site you're at. Learn to watch how the back eddies are working, as well as getting a feel for the bottom of the bed. You can be on them in one place, move ten feet away and miss them.

~tr

O.K. at what water level would I be able to drive down to the bridge at chitna?

O.K. at what water level would I be able to drive down to the bridge at chitna?
    The gravel bars below the bridge are more accessible at the beginning of the season when the water level is between 12-14 feet. Be advised that at least 3 trucks this year had to be recovered from the river when people tried to drive them across channels that were too deep.

Others are more qualified than I am to give you tips on fishing near the bridge. If you lose your truck, your money would have been better spent by going out on a charter boat from O'Brien Creek.

~tr