Thread: Port Ashton Lodge

Default Port Ashton Lodge

I just wanted to let everyone know of a little gem in Prince William Sound. Earlier this summer my family and I stayed a couple nights at Port Ashton Lodge, in Sawmill Bay. It was fantastic. The grounds and cabins are awesome plus the wood fired hot tub on the beach is so sweet!!! It felt more like being with close friends or family than a business. We are planning another trip there next season.

Here is a little video of our trip.

Yes, they do rock. VERY family oriented and locals. Stay away from the alternative, Jumping Salmon, in fact run away from them.
    Port Ashton is THE place to stay down that way.
    BK

Looks like a great place..........from the map it appears to be on Evans Island?
    I always think of Sawmill Bay just out of Valdez but apperently there is more than one in PWS?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Looks like a great place..........from the map it appears to be on Evans Island?
    I always think of Sawmill Bay just out of Valdez but apperently there is more than one in PWS?
    There are a few "Saw Mill" bays in AK this one is on Evans Is. The same bay as the village of Chenega. It is near LaTouche and Elrington Is.

Learned something new. I too thought there was just one Sawmill Bay in PWS near Valdez. I spent plenty of time in the bay and hunting goats around it and never have saw a cabin. Might have to get to Evans Is to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Seems like a very nice place to stay. How much do they charge for a nights stay?

Here's the website: http://www.portashtonlodge.com/
    BK

Akjeff,
    I am thinking Sawmill bays in Ak are like "Deer Creek" in the midwest........... LOL.
    There is another one down in SE when I did a search.
    How far from Whittier is it? and is it a reasonable thing to do in a 20 foot boat with a prop? Weather depending of course? We have been going to Homer for the last 3 years and then over to Seldovia and fishing from there. So I have a good idea of what I am getting into.
    I have been considering PWS but need a place to stay when we get there and theis looks like a great destination.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

My family and freinds stayed at Jumping salmon earlier this summer and had a great time. The service was good and the location of the lodge was great. I'm not sure what your dealings were with them, but my was great.
    Boatless