Thread: GMU 13 General Season Moose Huntung Regulation Changes

Default GMU 13 General Season Moose Huntung Regulation Changes

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho...10/04-2010.pdf

I have had a few people tell me that the unit 13 early 3 browtine season is going to be open because it says 2011 on last years EO. I wonder how many illegal 3 browtine bulls are going to be shot prior to Sept.1....
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's funny. Taken out of context I could see how someone would believe that EO. But unfortunately, the current hunting regs that are out clearly are marked as 2011-2012 regs and the EO link that you posted is a change to the 2010-2011 regs.

I'll look for something with 4 brow tines myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho...10/04-2010.pdf

I have had a few people tell me that the unit 13 early 3 browtine season is going to be open because it says 2011 on last years EO. I wonder how many illegal 3 browtine bulls are going to be shot prior to Sept.1....
    Thanks for correcting them. Since misreading or misunderstanding the regulations is not illegal, what else can one do?

For years, (and in regards to such situations) I've wondered why hunting licenses are issued for the time period Jan 1/Dec 31 whereas the hunting year starts/stops July 1, June 30 respectively. It's just another reason why hunters need to stay up to date with the changes in the regulations, seasons, for their proposed hunting areas.

Each year I get questions from people who are confused over the calender licensing year and the regulatory year, never had the problem myself as I see them as they are; two seperate items excepting that the license allows one to hunt legaly.

Releasing the regulations for the effective dates is understandable to anyone who has the least idea of how the BOG and biology, in the simplest terms, relate to the process; tabulating hunter success per species, per GMU, winter kill against previous population estimates, adoption of proposals, politics, desirable species populations, habitat changes, accessibility, politics, calving/breeding/birthing and mortality, low brown bear population on the KP, politics, giving away more and more resources to private holding entities... oops, for a second I thought I was getting off track.

The licensing I suppose being based on the calender year is such to conform with so many other licenses/permits, aspects of life in general, etc., which are regulated by the calender year and perhaps make it easier for people to keep track of the need for renewal. There may be some economic reason behind it as well (shrug).Additionaly I think that if license renewal was instep with the release of the new regulations (during the heat of the fishing season and midsummer) that a good portion may simply forget to renew their licenses and either have a trip abbreviated or delayed, or end in a citation and possibly worse. Speculation on my part for the calender year time period for licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    Thanks for correcting them. Since misreading or misunderstanding the regulations is not illegal, what else can one do?
    .... BUT misreading or misunderstanding the regs will often lead to violations, which ARE illegal. And you will get no sympathy from LEO using that excuse. It is our responsibility to read and UNDERSTAND the regs.

Thanks to the OP for pointing out something that may have confused people.