Thread: 325 WSM with 200gr AB. Anyone have a load for this

Default 325 WSM with 200gr AB. Anyone have a load for this

I have a 325 WSM in Kimber Montana. I was trying to get around to working up a load for it this summer but never had the time between all of the other stuff. Does anyone have load data for the 325 with 200gr AB? I searched for a post but didn't come back with anything. Thanks

Bo

keep looking farther back Bo, there were some good postings last fall for 200 AB Montana loads - I have been loading for 2 of them in 325 and had no luck with 200's - 220 Sierra gamekings shoot outstanding so that is what we settled with and the 220's have great "numbers" too - I spoke with Sierra about the GameKing's rep of coming apart and was told that the 8mm and 338 bullets are made with thicker jackets specifically and were very "tough" - mine sure took care of a moose last fall ... 4007 ssc is "the" powder, 215 federal match primers and I have been using Nosler custom brass since they started selling it (it is Norma)but "Norma" makes only 300 WSM so far, I did neck up some of that too and it works just as good but you need to be aware of the headstamp and be cognizent so as NOT to mischamber any - start at 63 grains and work up from there

wanted to mention too, our Montana's are quite finicky about clean barrels so I use a bore snake often and treated both barrels with TETRA OIL, haven't had any issues since then

My Montana likes 62.5 grains of IMR 4350 with a Std. Winchester Large rifle primer using a 200 grain AB. Sub 1" groups at 200 yards if I let the barrel cool and I do my part.
    Gun Owners of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member
    USA agent for - www.bentondaviessafaris.com

How far off the lands are you seating them? Are you just using recommended C.O.A.L? Thanks.

Bo

I use 2.910 OAL.
    My groups really tightened up when I switched from mag. primers to std.primers.
    Gun Owners of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member
    USA agent for - www.bentondaviessafaris.com