Thread: 6 reds vs 3 reds EO boundary line

Default 6 reds vs 3 reds EO boundary line

What exactly are the boundaries for being allowed to keep6 fish versus 3 fish? I know at Bings I am good to keep 6 but what about up stream from Bings say Jim's landing or the ferry. Where is the cutoff line drawn?

The "Cut Off Line" is the Power Line that crosses the Kenai just below Guardrail, down river from the Ferry.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Also, 300 yards above Sport'smans Landing upstream to the outlet of Kenai Lake.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Check page 51 of the reg book - the fly fishing only area is only good for 3 fish still even with all the fish reported to be in the river.

Always good to study the regs before you go including the definitions and general rules in the front of the book. I'm constantly reminding people of violations and have been guilt of some in the past myself. Also - the rules change from year to year - this year the definition of a "artifical fly" changed for example.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper3083006 View Post
    What exactly are the boundaries for being allowed to keep6 fish versus 3 fish? I know at Bings I am good to keep 6 but what about up stream from Bings say Jim's landing or the ferry. Where is the cutoff line drawn?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Thanks Hippie and God, tvfinak I understand you have been around awhile but when it comes to fishing info I think you would be the last on the list to get any info from, I have seen a few other post of yours pertaining to the Russian and lack of fish and such, heck I have only been fishing in AK for 3 years and while there is alot I dont know or understand I never have a problem getting into fish and following the regulations. As far as red fishing goes your about as clueless as a toddler with a rubiks cube.
    Last edited by sniper3083006; 08-03-2011 at 15:54. Reason: change bunch to few

Rep sent.

Classic.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Amazing

Amazing that you have learned so much about the history of the runs in the river just three years. Ignorance is truly bliss young soldier.

In reality - you haven't even seen a good run yet. When you do -then you will know what I am talking about and you will then understand what fishing should be like in the Russian more of the time. In the meantime - you might check out the counts of years past to get a better feel of how many fish could be in the river based on the escapements.

And of course you haven't a clue as to my fishing ability. I've helped many a fisherman of various expereince levels out down on the river and will continue to do so. Don't know it all and never will - but I've spent far more than three years learning from some of the best and most experience. And then there are years of simply trying things out to determine what works when and where. I've spent more hours on that river than you can imagine.

As to fishing advice - I don't give any here. I do recite the rules but primarily to avoid confusion and correct possible mistakes like when someone else you know stated the limit in the river was 6 - not the correct 3.

Most of us here have gotten past the stage of insults and name calling - it is now became somewhat of an unwritten rule for most. You can check the various other thread and topics to confirm this. While we may strongly disagree on many things insults and name calling accomplish nothing and a is rather childish way to avoid a meaningful discussion and exchange of ideas.

Enjoy the river and good luck. If I see you down there perhaps we can enjoy a beer together on me. I do that quite often with your buddies from the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper3083006 View Post
    Thanks Hippie and God, tvfinak I understand you have been around awhile but when it comes to fishing info I think you would be the last on the list to get any info from, I have seen a few other post of yours pertaining to the Russian and lack of fish and such, heck I have only been fishing in AK for 3 years and while there is alot I dont know or understand I never have a problem getting into fish and following the regulations. As far as red fishing goes your about as clueless as a toddler with a rubiks cube.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I wasnt name calling or thrownig out insults just some good old constructive critisism. Honestly I think when you do see the wall of fish that are in Skilak you will have no choice but to retract your words. I am not saying by any means that when they do decide to come up they are going to be fresh, but they will come up none the less and anyone standing in the water when they pass by will feel them suckers go by.
    I guess you didn't hear or read about hell maybe you just missed it completely about HISTORIC Sockeye numbers and all the frufra that came with them pushing in.
    I guess what I am saying is I hear it and see it all the time No fish slow fish *** is going on and I can USUALLY go pick up a limit. I'm just say.
    In those 3 years, 1 being deployed to OEF I did a Metric ton of studing and research on Alaska's Salmon evolution from freshwater to salt and back.
    I just wanted to understand where exactly the cut off for 6 fish vs 3 fish was and I knew it was the power lines but I didn't know which set for 100%. That way when the fishies do start pushing through and I am trying to keep ahead of them I won't be in violation. See where I am coming from. Leading them upstream you can run into problems if you have say 5 fish and step over into 3 fish zone but do this in reverse coming from a 3 fish limit to 6 and your still good.

And yes maybe just maybe we can share a beer on a river on the K-pen. As long as its still ok to agree to disagree on certain things. BTW I am no young soldier.