Thread: Sleepless in Deadhorse

Default Sleepless in Deadhorse

Im sitting north of the brooks range just awaiting until 8 August thats the day im suppose to fly.Have to work and daydream until then but I guess thats why we all put boots on each morning. We all need something that gets us excited like little kids at Christmas.Maybe this year ill get to set my sights on the king of the hill.Im going 40 in or bust just kidding im looking for a unbroken full curl maybe alright maybe a few inches to spare.Post pics and stories as always.Counting sheep just doesnt seem to be workin!!!!

Good Luck Everyone,
    Tim
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Good luck! Sounds exciting and definitely something to dream about, that is for sure. I am finally going to make it AK this year. Unfortunately I won't be doing much hunting, but looking forward to spending some alone time with the wife.

Tim

What are you going to do for 5 days? I guess you are working. Well, I bet you are jacked about your sheep for sure. I wish I was going with you. The last time I hunted sheep is 1985. I shot a full curl near tazlina glacier. Time sure does slip away. I always liked sheep hunting. Just look for the white dots. They are easy to spot. Just have to figure out how to get to them. I always wanted to hunt the brooks range so I will be looking for your hunting story. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU DID.

Good luck and fair weather to you Mr Tim. Hope to see you and your Ram at the airstrip on the way home.

Be safe and shoot straight.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks for the good lucks sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a little bit on your side. Likewise Mr Steve, I wish you a great hunt and hope to see you soon for a celebration toast c/coke. Even without a Ram a trip in the mountains is therapeutic for the mind, body, and soul.
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Safe journeys, Tim. Shoot a good one.

Are you hunting solo?
    Proud to be an American!

Have a great hunt Tim!! I am counting the days until next year!!! I think it is around 371 days until I fly in!!!!!!!!

Jason,

Focus on taking care of yourself and your men the sheep arent going anywhere.Hope you guys are doing good and look forward to your return.

Frank,

Thanks just a safe trip will be welcomed.

Tim,
    Hope all is going well with the sheep hunt and can't wait to hear the stories. Sure wish I could have made the trip with you - it would have been a trip of a lifetime.
    Andy