Thread: 300 wsm load

Default 300 wsm load

Did a little looking through old posts but didtn really find anything. Im not new to reloading but have not hand loaded for my 300 wsm yet. Was going to start but was wondering if anyone had a good homegrown load they have worked up. Thanks.

I have to run down to my dad's place to get the info. Hand loaded 168 barnes tsx's. Going to go with the 150 barnes tsx tipped next.

That would be great. Do you hunt moose with the 168's and 150's?

I've been having great results from a middling load of RL17 (per the Alliant data) under 150gr Nosler BT/ ABs- probably a real effective sheep and bou load... Still like the 180AB for all around use better though and had good results with that load last year on caribou. I would almost certainly use the 180s on moose.

I couldn't get the TSX to shoot worth sour owl jowls in my particular rifle but lots of folks really like them.

I've had excellent results (3 shots @ 100 yds covered by a nickle) with the 165gr TSXs with H4350, Fed 215 primer, & Winchester brass (pp uniformed, trimmed, etc.). Shooting a Tikka T3 Stainless 300wsm. Big difference between the 168 & 165 TSX's is the 168 has three grooves on its shank and the 165 has four. I think my load is a little on the hot side so hesitant to give it out, but think I started around 61.0 gr and worked up in 1/2 gr increments.

I have had great luck loading 180gr TTSX and 65gr of Reloader 19. I've varied my seating depth a bit too and I have had the best success at .075 off the lands. I didnt have that great of a grouping with the RL17, but the bullet speed was considerably faster.

Thanks everyone. I worked some different loads with a few types of bullets. went with 65g of 4350imr hornady 180's interbonds.v shot 4 shots touching each other at 100 yards and got 3000 fps average through chrono.I'm going to play some more later. thanks again.

I shoot a .300saum which is remingtons version of the wsm. My rifle loves to shoot 168gr TSX with varget powder, quite a bit below MOA.

My Tikka 300 wsm likes this load and 180 gr Sierra Gamekings with the same powder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 180 TSX, 69 gr RE-19, COAL 2.825.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    My Tikka 300 wsm likes this load and 180 gr Sierra Gamekings with the same powder.
    I should say it does!

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."