Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .300 wby

Default .300 wby

I have a. 300 wby vg. Looking for a scope. Under 300. Any suggestion

The 300 wby is flat shooter and would do well with good glass to reach it's potential. I have not seen good glass in the $300 range. More like the $700+ range new. You may find a deal on ebay, craigslist and the likes. My buddy found a 6x16 44 some brand of scope for under 300 and likes it. He looked for a long time and jumped at it when it came up. Leupold is guaranteed for life so if you buy it used and it is broke, they will likely fix it. Unsure of other brands customer service. Good luck

I think the Zeiss is really good glass for the money. The Conquest 3-9x40 runs about 399. I've got a few different brands and Zeiss beats them all. Just my 2 cents.

Will the redfield 4x12x40 any good. Salesman told me it was made by leupold

One with a lot of eye relief. Leupold?

I would glue to this site or watch the for sale posts on EBAY, SWFA "used section" and then also on this forum. Take your 299.00 and be ready. when you see a Leupold that is the X you want buy it. don't think and don't argue the price. Use Talley rings and enjoy that powder burning flame thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    One with a lot of eye relief. Leupold?
    +one on the eye relief with the 300Wby
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I have two 300 wby and used Burris scopes on both, a Fullfield II on one and a Signature Series on the other. Got a Burris Black Diamond on my Armalite 50 BMG. Can't beat Burris for the money in my opinion.

Good deal on the Fullfield II at Cabelas ($100+ off depending on model)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat104535180

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by old97 View Post
    Will the redfield 4x12x40 any good. Salesman told me it was made by leupold
    I've got this same one on my 30.06 and it's not bad at all.

Looked through. The redfield. It was nice. And clear. It sales.$200
    Just hope it will stay at zero

Daved has a very good point for new scopes, the industry is getting better at making inexpensive good scopes but the problem is ... a warranty does ZIP when you are on a trip out in the middle nowhere and "mr big" steps out and you find out your scope ain't workin like you thought it would - Most good scopes have a good warranty and decent customer service, my only real experience is with Leupold and I can say w/o hesitation that their customer service is on par with the best of any industry anywhere - a used Leupold variX 3, sent in for a check up is probably your best bet for staying within your budget - it will cost you in the neighborhood of $10-$15 to send it in and they will do a total tear down and repair of any even questionable parts for nothing and then ship it back to you and it will be FAST

Any input. On powder coating. The gun

I agree, I used to have Leupold VX-3 on all my rifles. I bought a Zeiss Conquest as a spare scope & I was so impressed by it I put Zeiss Conquests on all my rifles. I no longer own any Leupolds. That is a good endorsement because the Leupold VX-3 is a good scope.

Quote Originally Posted by old97 View Post
    Any input. On powder coating. The gun
    You're kidding right? People powder coat toys, bikes, lawnmowers, swingsets. Get real.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Are the Redfields made in China with the lower grade Leupold
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Red makes a good scope. I have one on my 300wsm and can reach out over 500yards. With practice.lol. I want to say they are made in OR

Sent from my Behold II using Tapatalk

I have owned nothing but leupold. Until I bought my zeiss. There worth looking twice at.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I just read you post. If want a scope around 300. Check out vortex optics.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Bushnell Elite 4200.

Even a 3200

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

No Leupold scopes are made in china. They may import some of their lower priced binos and spotting scopes but all scopes, including the redfields are made in Oregon.

I think the Redfields are a great buy, good adjustments, good glass, great warranty and all for not too much cash. I have put them on a few different rifles for family and friends, even gave one away to a gentleman I owed a favor to when he wouldn't accept any payment. None of them have had any problems so far as I know, and the ones I have mounted and sighted in have been impressive for a 250$ scope. I also like the fact that they don't have any really oddball protrusions like some of the other budget priced scopes, it seems like so many lower priced scopes are designed to look like they belong on a space shuttle instead of a rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast