Thread: Bird Creek Tides

Default Bird Creek Tides

How far off are the tides at Bird Creek compared to Anchorage?

There basically the same. I never go at high tide its harder to catch fish. Wait till the water starts going down so maybe a couple hours after high and its alot more active down there

Quote Originally Posted by wsg7057 View Post
    There basically the same. I never go at high tide its harder to catch fish. Wait till the water starts going down so maybe a couple hours after high and its alot more active down there
    Agreed, as the tide comes fully in it is very hard to find spots to fish and usually not as productive...

What kind of lure would you suggest at bird? I am flying in to anchorage tonight and will hit Bird on my way to the Kenai. Vibrax, pixie, or something else and what size? Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Chris View Post
    What kind of lure would you suggest at bird? I am flying in to anchorage tonight and will hit Bird on my way to the Kenai. Vibrax, pixie, or something else and what size? Thanks for the help!
    I would throw Vibrax #3 and #4 chartreuse, pink, or blue. Any of these should be able to catch some fish!

Seems to me that the tide in Bird and the rest of Turnagain Arm keeps rising for another half hour or more after the posted Anchorage time. Still in the ballpark though.