AKC's Board will be further discussing adding German Shorthaired Pointers, German Wirehaired Pointers, Vizslas, and Weimaraners to the list of breeds eligible to enter retriever hunting tests at their August meeting. This is the updated list of eligible breeds from http://www.akc.org/events/hunting_te...ble_breeds.cfm
Retriever Hunting Tests
All dogs six months of age or older from the following breeds are eligible to participate in Retriever Hunting Tests:
AKC Recognized Breeds
- American Water Spaniels (effective 4/1/11)
- Chesapeake Retrievers
- Curly-Coated Retrievers
- Flat-Coated Retrievers
- Golden Retrievers
- Labrador Retrievers
- Irish Water Spaniels
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers
- Spinone Italiano (effective 7/1/11)
- Standard Poodles
- Wirehaired Pointing Griffon (effective 7/1/11)
- Dogs of these breeds recorded with the Purebred Alternative Listing Program/Indefinite Listing Privilege (PAL/ILP) or dogs with Conditional registration are eligible to participate.
- Spayed and neutered dogs are eligible to participate.
- *****es in season are not eligible to participate.
- Dogs with Limited Registration are eligible to participate.