Thread: Cordova Fishing info?

Default Cordova Fishing info?

Planning a trip to Cordova third week in August. Targeting silvers but open to dolly's and cutt's. We'll be mobile and plan on camping along the entire road system. No boat. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks! Iguana

I was in cordova a couple of months ago. We stayed in a public use cabin. It was pretty nice. The road system is not very long, so finding a place to fish should be fairly simple. There are some good brochures on the ferry and everyone I talked with in town were friendly. Supposedly the silver run is pretty awesome. Good luck and have a great trip.

Thanks appreciate the reply. Looking forward to the trip. Hopefully the silvers will be in. I've heard the run peaks in early September but I imagine there should be some good fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    Thanks appreciate the reply. Looking forward to the trip. Hopefully the silvers will be in. I've heard the run peaks in early September but I imagine there should be some good fishing.
    Head "out the road" there are a lot of options. I personally love fishing Alganic when the silvers are in. You can also hit up 7 mile and more. Just ask when you get into town. Are you by any chance taking the ferry?

iguana, I would love to chat with your more about this. But I can't IM you. Contact me on email at kkohler1@aol.com

Default Cordova Fishing Info

Thanks everybody. Appreciate the replies. My buddy found an article in back issue of Fish Alaska 2/08 that has a lot of good info. I'll post how we did after the trip. Thanks again, Iguana

Default Cordova silver limit?

Last year in Cordova we caught 3 silvers per person each per day at either Eyak or Ibeck Rivers. A few weeks ago I read somewhere that a person can also catch 3 silvers in the salt water.....is that besides the 3 from the fresh water? Any help would be appreciated.