Thread: Knik Arm Silvers

Default Knik Arm Silvers

Way less than half the coho showing in the upper Cook Inlet streams with regard to Fish creek and the Deska. I was at Jim Creek last night and still no silvers that I saw caught. It is now the second of August most streams should be clogged with coho. Is the run behind or is it one of the off years that happens now and then.

Off year. 4th worst I have seen on the Little su in 20 plus years of guiding. The netters catch in the inlet is also way down.

Bill

Saw several coho caught at Jims this morning..... but, a lot of reds though to sort thru! Wind was just howling thru there as well!

I just got back from Jim Creek this afternoon. The water was way up and the wind was screaming. There is no more silt/fresh water line. It's all murky and there was a good chop on the water. The fish that were caught were few and far between and only one or two of those were caught in the mouth.

I was out at Jim Creek Monday, and I only saw three fish caught the whole time I was there with the 30-40 fisherman I saw out there. One was mine, dead and fillet out, I caught it by the tail. Second was by a fly fisherman who accidentally snagged it and who then let it go. Third was closer to the trail back which takes you back to Sullivan road, it was the only legit catch. Wind was pretty bad then too.