Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Fisher's ATV World on The Outdoor Channel

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Fisher's ATV World on The Outdoor Channel

    Hey Everyone! I work for the television show called Fisher's ATV World on the Outdoor Channel. The show reaches 35+ million viewers and it's the best ATV show out there! We are currently looking for ATV parks in different states/countries to host us for our 2012 Keepin' It Real Tour. Brian Fisher and crew have been to Alaska once, but were never able to experience the ATV trails. What we do is come to an area, show case the trail system/park so the viewers can get a better understanding and feel for the area. What that does for you - it helps bring in revenue for the park/area and brings new visitors than ever before. Expenses would be paid by the park/club or you can contact your tourism department on funding as well.

    If any ATV club/park is interested in hosting Brian Fisher and his crew for 2012, shoot me an email at Rebecca@fishersatvworld.com

    Ride On and Keep It Real!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    372

    Default Keeping it real? not really.....

    Fishcrew,

    I watched that episode Brian did in Alaska. I think they did some riding in the Palmer area. A couple things stood out to me. Brian took a sightseeing trip over Beluga and the West side of Cook Inlet and pointed out some bears to the audience which he called Kodiak Brown Bears. No Kodiak bears at Beluga, those would be Beluga bears. Kodiak Bears are found on Kodiak Island and the archipelego.

    Seriously, what irked me the most was at the closing part of the show with the typical out takes and funny stuff. There was a brief scene with some ravens in the background and Brian was joking about wishing he had his shotgun to shoot them with. If he had done some homework before the visit and shown a little more respect for the State and our indigenous cultures, he would have realized that the raven deserves a little bit more respect than that. I think he insulted some folks.

    Not following me? Ok, let me provide an analogy for you. It would be like me being invited to your home for dinner and then urinating on your cat. Or, going to your church and defecating on the front steps after the service.

    Sincerely,

    Coaldust

  3. #3
    Member EagleRiverDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    725

    Default

    My suggestion would be to contact the Alaska ATV Club. If you look at their website, many of our trail systems are covered with locations, difficulty level, photographs etc. We don't have ATV parks, most of our trails run on State owned land and are open to most user types so you might see people riding horses or people driving Jeeps. We have trails that are easy, medium, difficult and insane. You pick. Many of our trails go up into the mountains, so hills (some of them rather steep) are usually part of the package. Good scenic views on a clear day are the norm.

    http://alaskaatvclub.org/smfforum/index.php
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

  4. #4
    Member BAR300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I've watched the show a number of times, seems to be directed at trail riding lower 48ers, who never see the dark side of a swamp. I don't know if his skills are up to a "serious Alaskan ride" so maybe best suited for Eklutna.. I'd be a lot more impressed if he rode on some tough terrain that he actually got stuck in and had to winch out of.

  5. #5
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Honestly we don't really have any riding "parks" up here. The majority of the state is open to ATV riding within the generally allowed uses published by the DNR. Bring them up then head up to Eureka and ride for day and days. The downfall is that you will never look at those "parks" down south the same.

    As far as the raven thing... I am not a "fan" of the bird in that I don't care for them raiding my trashcan but to the native Alaskans they believe that the raven is the spirit of their ancestors and is to be revered. At least hiring an Alaskan as a consultant could save you guys some serious foot in mouth moments.

    I do agree with ERDee about contacting the Alaska ATV club for help setting things up. If you have a big budget you should hire a C130 and fly out somewhere REALLY remote. 20 quads rolling down the rear ramp into the wilderness, now that would make for an epic episode!

  6. #6
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Brian is a very experienced rider and is always up for a new and exciting challenge. He does get some good use out of his WARN winch, though! Thanks for the feedback, maybe we'll see you in 2012 in Alaska!

  7. #7
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Honestly we don't really have any riding "parks" up here. The majority of the state is open to ATV riding within the generally allowed uses published by the DNR. Bring them up then head up to Eureka and ride for day and days. The downfall is that you will never look at those "parks" down south the same.

    As far as the raven thing... I am not a "fan" of the bird in that I don't care for them raiding my trashcan but to the native Alaskans they believe that the raven is the spirit of their ancestors and is to be revered. At least hiring an Alaskan as a consultant could save you guys some serious foot in mouth moments.

    I do agree with ERDee about contacting the Alaska ATV club for help setting things up. If you have a big budget you should hire a C130 and fly out somewhere REALLY remote. 20 quads rolling down the rear ramp into the wilderness, now that would make for an epic episode!
    Thanks for the reply, LuJon! We'll be checking into all of this and hopefully be making it our there for our 2012 tour. If you know any clubs that might be interested in this as well, please feel free to pass along the information. Thanks again

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    My suggestion would be to contact the Alaska ATV Club. If you look at their website, many of our trail systems are covered with locations, difficulty level, photographs etc. We don't have ATV parks, most of our trails run on State owned land and are open to most user types so you might see people riding horses or people driving Jeeps. We have trails that are easy, medium, difficult and insane. You pick. Many of our trails go up into the mountains, so hills (some of them rather steep) are usually part of the package. Good scenic views on a clear day are the norm.

    http://alaskaatvclub.org/smfforum/index.php
    EagleRiverDee,
    You've provided a lot of good information and I really appreciate it! I will be contacting the Alaska ATV Club in hopes of making it out there in 2012. I've never been to Alaska, but I can imagine that the ATV terrain is awesome!

  9. #9

    Default

    Really? Another stupid show about Alaska? Go do a show about Texas and leave us alone. But, if you insist on coming up...........go to Juneau there's great riding there.

  10. #10
    Member junkak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    Really? Another stupid show about Alaska? Go do a show about Texas and leave us alone. But, if you insist on coming up...........go to Juneau there's great riding there.
    FishCrew,

    Don't listen to this idiot. I'm sure you guys could do a great show up here. Don't forget to look into the film tax credit Alaska provides.

    The Eureka/ Petersville / Eklutna / Knik areas would be perfect. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone or club to take you out.


    Good luck

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    FishCrew,

    Don't listen to this idiot. I'm sure you guys could do a great show up here. Don't forget to look into the film tax credit Alaska provides.

    The Eureka/ Petersville / Eklutna / Knik areas would be perfect. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone or club to take you out.


    Good luck
    The idiots are the ones who come up here and make shows depicting us in AK as either A) Drunken idiots with guns or B) Granola eating hippies. But the even bigger Idiots are the Cheechakos like yourself who invite them in the first place.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    372

    Default A twist

    In the next Alaska episode, Brian F. could make things right and apologize to the indigenous Alaskans for dissing them and then instead of just tearing up the country side and leaving a mess behind like the Top Gear guys did in their Alaskan visit to Knik, Brian could help the Alaska ATV Club with the spring cleanup or do some trail work.

  13. #13
    Member EagleRiverDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    The idiots are the ones who come up here and make shows depicting us in AK as either A) Drunken idiots with guns or B) Granola eating hippies. But the even bigger Idiots are the Cheechakos like yourself who invite them in the first place.
    No one here invited them. They approached us for ideas and advice, which is what some of us are trying to provide. The best way to ensure that they portray Alaskans in the best light is to ensure we portray ourselves in the best light. IMO. This is an opportunity for us to have some input. Odds are they would go ahead with their project either way.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

  14. #14

    Default

    Yep, show them Jim Creek and Sutton so they can make the place Nationally known so that we can have more cheechako inbred rednecks come up here to trash it even more. Smart plan. They may do their project regardless, but to think you'll have some input is naive.

  15. #15
    Member crazyatvman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    36

    Default

    hi fishcrew, me and my wife are deaf and my three kids are hearing we all have atv and one utv, love riding at jim creek , jonesville in sutton and eureka we would love to meet Brian Fisher and we love riding with you we hope for that

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    Yep, show them Jim Creek and Sutton so they can make the place Nationally known so that we can have more cheechako inbred rednecks come up here to trash it even more. Smart plan. They may do their project regardless, but to think you'll have some input is naive.
    Quick, someone fetch some Midol!

  17. #17
    Member EagleRiverDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    Yep, show them Jim Creek and Sutton so they can make the place Nationally known so that we can have more cheechako inbred rednecks come up here to trash it even more. Smart plan. They may do their project regardless, but to think you'll have some input is naive.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion on that but it'd be nice if you could do it in a polite way, particularly when representing Alaska to people from outside.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion on that but it'd be nice if you could do it in a polite way, particularly when representing Alaska to people from outside.
    I'll be polite when people stop dumping trash all over the place, trespassing, shooting signs and the other assorted mayhem that goes on. And you wanna make the place even more well known so that this activity can be even more prevalent. Piss on the outsiders and their sensibilities, I've been here since before Statehood and the mentalities of the new comers (the vast majority of which leave in under 5 years) is at all time low. They have no respect for Alaska and no respect for the people call Alaska Home; and the shining examples of this mentality can be found in the Jim Creek and Sutton areas. At one time the people who came up here respected Alaska, packed out their trash, and were peaceable. As far as I'm concerned the welcome mat is no longer out. Go do their ****ed show in Oklahoma.

  19. #19
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    There is nothing new under the sun.... I find "trash" left behind from 40 years ago rusting on the tundra. Fact is we have more disposable goods now and WAY more people so the trash has gone up exponentially. As to the other comments, the vast majority of the shooting stuff up and trash I see out here is 18-28 year old born and raised Alaskans. Any one been up to upper Wasilla creek in the last few days? Some tools took 3 big trucks through and trashed all the habitat repairs that were done. They also crossed the Wasilla creek spawning area at least 3 times and got stuck in it once tearing it all to heck. I don't have the license plates but I have a witness who can describe the vehicles if anyone has any more info. They were local Alaskans (according to the plates on the rigs). I would love to see them pay for all that damage!

    AKKCChief: it is understandable to lament the changes you have seen as there are many negatives. That said working with those in the main stream to get them to understand that they need to advocate good stewardship of the land is one of the few things we can do to at least try and push things in the right direction.

  20. #20
    Member EagleRiverDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    I'll be polite when people stop dumping trash all over the place, trespassing, shooting signs and the other assorted mayhem that goes on. And you wanna make the place even more well known so that this activity can be even more prevalent. Piss on the outsiders and their sensibilities, I've been here since before Statehood and the mentalities of the new comers (the vast majority of which leave in under 5 years) is at all time low. They have no respect for Alaska and no respect for the people call Alaska Home; and the shining examples of this mentality can be found in the Jim Creek and Sutton areas. At one time the people who came up here respected Alaska, packed out their trash, and were peaceable. As far as I'm concerned the welcome mat is no longer out. Go do their ****ed show in Oklahoma.
    Look, I'm a lifelong Alaskan, born here. And I've started and participated in threads- and taken my share of beatings here- about the trash on the trails. So you're preaching to the choir. But why you're assuming it's OUTSIDERS that are doing it is beyond me. The people that trashtalked me on my last thread about trail trash were locals who told me I was a granola that needed to pack up and leave state because clearly (in their view) I was from the lower 48 if I thought people shouldn't leave their steaming piles of poo, giant wads of toilet paper and other trash laying in the trails for other people to drive around, walk around, or pick up for them. I also frequently see threads from valley locals who blame it on Anchorage, and Anchorage people who blame it on "valley trash". Everyone blames everyone else, but my guess is that many people from many places of origin are all doing it and it's up to all of us to educate other users to pick up after themselves. I appreciate your feelings because I agree that people shouldn't trash our riding areas, but I think your anger is misdirected.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •