Thread: Is Alexander Lake pike fishing still good?

Default Is Alexander Lake pike fishing still good?

I'm considering doing a fly-out this weekend. Have not fished Alexander before... or targeted pike for that matter. I understand the "how to" aspects based on reading other threads but want to make sure the bite is still on. Going with my wife and the catching needs to pretty good to keep her attention. Thanks in advance.

I have been out there several times this summer and even a slow day is a fish every 10-15 casts. Bring your weedless lures. I prefer topwater lures so I can watch the v coming from 20' away and ending in a big splash at the lure. Who you flying out with?

Thanks AKHUNTER. Undecided. Willow or Trail Ridge. Else please PM me if you have a recommendation.

both are good, go with whichever is less flight time (and thus cheaper) I think willow is less flying but I could be wrong
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Trail Ridge is $260 including boat, motor and fuel. I've used them a lot and would recommend them. I don't know if Willow supplies anything but the flight out.

Just wanted to provide a follow-up for anyone considering this trip. Flew with Trail Ridge - quality outfit. Professional, friendly, right on schedule (leave Lake Hood at 7:30a with pick-up at 5:00p). Caught lots of pike, biggest approx 24". Alexander Lake Lodge is very nice (by AK standards)... wish I would have rented a cabin, taken my sleeping bag, and stayed overnight.