Thread: Would like a hunting partner for the 23-31 of aug for the haul road

Default Would like a hunting partner for the 23-31 of aug for the haul road

Well my hunting partner couldn't get leave so I plan on going solo, but would like to have company just in case s..t happens. Willing to pay for half cost was planning on bringing a alpacka raft to cross the sag to get away from the other hunters. If interested let me know.

Default Hunting partner

I will be heading out a few days after your planned trip. Got to give opening day a try to fill the freezer with moose before I head off to feed some carbon to the bou. Still, crossing the Sag is a great idea to get away from other hunters, but be careful. I crossed it last year in my Alpacka raft with some serious difficulty. The last branch of the river gets pretty rough and the water is moving seriously fast. I had to give it everything I had to make it across and missed my planned pull-out. By the time I got across, it was nothing but cut-bank. Luckily, I was able to find a gravel bar about 1/4 mile down the river, just before the rock garden. I must admit that it was a very scary situation, so be prepared and don't make the same mistakes as I did. Plan your route and take the current into consideration. Also, don't be crazy enough to take your kid across. However, he's roaring to go again so he's either crazier than me or he has a short memory. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Egr2hunt View Post
    Well my hunting partner couldn't get leave so I plan on going solo, but would like to have company just in case s..t happens. Willing to pay for half cost was planning on bringing a alpacka raft to cross the sag to get away from the other hunters. If interested let me know.

Jackal thanks for the info, it would be nice to share the expense with someone else and would like the help with the animal once it's down and pack out, but I do understand that schedules are hard to make. If anyone wants to join they are very welcome, let me now.

We are leaving on the 1st coming back on the 8th and plan on crossing the sag as well... Best of luck and be safe...

Egr2hunt, I am also interested in North Slope caribou hunt during your Aug 23-31 timetable. Time is short and need you to confirm if you are still interested. You can reply via this email chat or by phone 907-9781346. My name is Jojo. I have no intentions of crossing Sag river. I will concentrate on bow off Dalton highway. My original hunting partners via this outdoors blog has slowly cancelled. Please advise soonest. Thanks. Jojo

Jojo I tried calling your number with no luck I'll try again after work. You are more than welcome to join me, I'll try and contact you later on after 2.

Egr2hunt, Sorry I missed your call. Give me your phone number in case I have to use it. Thanks.

Egr2hunt, I just want to recap the items that we discussed on the phone. You are driving to Fairbanks on Monday and expect to arrive by 10PM. We will meet in parking lot of Cinemax theater area. I have offered you my living room floor for rest. We plan to leave next day (Tuesday, Aug 22nd). Your dog is welcome to come along. You will leave your truck at my location and we will depart in my truck. You are bringing only one ice chest. We expect to use personal tents while up north. I advised you to discuss the possibility of crossing the Sag river with your raft. If the river conditions are not favorable, you will consider hunting off the Haul road. I mentioned that I intended to be out at least five days or more depending on the availability of caribou and possibility weather conditions. My brother will travel with us and can easily stay with your dog while we are out hunting. I plan to bring a large wooden meat ladder to hang the expected animal bags off the ground. Please feel free to call me or send me an email reply with any questions. Jojo

Pretty much hit the nail in the head. Will see you tomorrow night.