Thread: Finally Scooter decoys

Default Finally Scooter decoys

Mack's Praire Wings has all the Scooters decoys for sale!!!!!
    The have a combo pack you get all 3 Scooters 3 drakes and 3 hens for $89...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Cabelas has them too, GHG common, white wing, and surf scoters for the same price. Kinda expensive for a half dozen. I am hoping they will go down in price eventually. I am going to give it some time before I buy them. Hopefully they come out with some harlequin, and oldsquaw decoys soon too.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

$89 for 6 blocks? That is steep compared to any other decoy they make with a lot more difficult paint scheme. I also don't understand why they made all three scoters when just a black decoy would work. Only surf or common or white wing dekes would work the exact same. Anyway, I guess they have their reasons. I'll just stick with the oversized decoys that I spray painted black for a whole lot less and I still have a whole pile to shoot over.

Agree with the price being to much.. If they come down $20 I will buy a set.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

They look great and when you compare how much guys on the east coast pay for handmade scooter blocks, they aren't that expensive. I'm still too cheap to buy any though, lol!

Like Gray said, I'll take another look if the price comes down significanlty.

Erich

No, erich you just use your buddies decoys....that's what friends are for!! right?? ha ha.... decoys are the gift that keeps on giving.....try tellin that to your wife!!! "what we need more decoys...you already have such and such a number"" Honey, please!! Way too expensive....I think they are a little proud. cabelas has them too. Make your own for half the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by rosscoak View Post
    No, erich you just use your buddies decoys....that's what friends are for!! right?? ha ha.... decoys are the gift that keeps on giving.....try tellin that to your wife!!! "what we need more decoys...you already have such and such a number"" Honey, please!! Way too expensive....I think they are a little proud. cabelas has them too. Make your own for half the cost.
    Bwahahaha, good points!

Erich

This might be a stupid question for everyone who hunts up here already, but are mechanical or wind-powered decoys legal in Alaska. I didn't see anywhere in the regs against it?

Quote Originally Posted by CountryThunder View Post
    This might be a stupid question for everyone who hunts up here already, but are mechanical or wind-powered decoys legal in Alaska. I didn't see anywhere in the regs against it?
    Both are legal.

Erich