Thread: Seward - July 24 Late Report

Default Seward - July 24 Late Report

Went to Seward last week and did a combo trip.. the seas outside of the bay were really rough so we stayed inside the bay to fish. Didn't have an epic fishing trip, but I had tons of fun in my first visit to Alaska. Thanks everyone for your help! btw- we fished with captain leslie on the Huntress with Puffin Chartes. Our Haul:

Quote Originally Posted by chilidip View Post
    Went to Seward last week and did a combo trip.. the seas outside of the bay were really rough so we stayed inside the bay to fish. Didn't have an epic fishing trip, but I had tons of fun in my first visit to Alaska. Thanks everyone for your help! btw- we fished with captain leslie on the Huntress with Puffin Chartes. Our Haul:

Not sure what it was you were expecting but I WOULD call that epic for inside the bay...

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Not sure what it was you were expecting but I WOULD call that epic for inside the bay...
    No Joke. None of them are monsters but there still looks to be well over 200 lbs of fish there.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

That is excellent for fishing for butts inside the bay. Leslie knows what she is doing

Did it sound like I was complaining.. What I was comparing it to if we were to get outside of the bay if weather permitted and targeted larger fish... Certainly it was superb.. heck you would NEVER see anything like this anywhere else. A comment on captain Leslie, there was one angler who did not get a halibut.. once we docked she gave the said angler a 30lb box of halibut she had in her freezer. Kudos!! Never seen anything like before. Her first mate Shawn (sp?) busted his tail the entire trip.. made me tired just looking at him working. The picture does now show all of the P-cods we caught.. probably 40+ they were thick. Pic of one the Huntress' fish holds.

And they were not small

Wow, please tell me you didn't let them keep ALL those delicious cod for bait! Although the big one has the tell tale sores that seem to indicate lots of worms...

Glad you werent' complaining cause I'm salivating over your pictures!

I want to take my little sister out on a charter, maybe i'll see if she has any opens spots!

No.. we had a lot of people from all parts of the country and I believe we all took the cod fillets. I myself took 5.

any idea where you caught the halibut?

40 mile bank.

40 mile bank.
    Thats a little out of the bay.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Hmm.. it took only 10-15 mins to come back.. and you could see the town of seward from where we were fishing. That's what our skipper told us.. so not sure now. Sorry

It sound like you were fishing in Thumbs Cove on the East side of Resurection bay.

Hmm.. it took only 10-15 mins to come back.. and you could see the town of seward from where we were fishing. That's what our skipper told us.. so not sure now. Sorry
    Hey no problem, I usually blindfold all my guest so they can't tell anyone where we fished 40 Mile Bank sounds like an acronym for Montague.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

That sounds like SAFEWAY!

He is telling the truth