Thread: Willow bridge to Sue

Default Willow bridge to Sue

Has anyone floated the bridge to Sue this year? Just wondering if there are any sweepers to watch out for, as I remember it being narrow in places. Is there a shuttle service for this float?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mike
    Got a few of it down

Yes I have floated it. No shuttle service I am aware of. Shallow in a few spots and yes a few sweepers. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Willow Resort, last time I floated, offered a shuttle.

(907) 495-6343
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Willow resort still has a shuttle. I would say willow has lots of sweepers. Two new trees fell this last week. One just bellow the log jam was almost all the way across the river. What kind and size boat do you have?

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I floated it about three weeks ago and there was a river-wide sweeper that I heard was only a couple of days old. We had a 14' sb and had to leap frog the tree where someone had cut off the branches.

I think I saw icb or bowdy out there.

Thanks for the information. I have a 14' raft. I was hoping to get into some silvers.
    Got a few of it down

I just floated Willow on Saturday. There are plenty of sweepers and tight turns but nothing too difficult. There is a log jam about half way down to the Su. I was told to go to the right of the log jam and made it around with no problem. Saw many kings in the first mile and the trout fishing was really good. After the log jam, started seeing insane amounts of pinks, many chums, and some silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_rn View Post
    I floated it about three weeks ago and there was a river-wide sweeper that I heard was only a couple of days old. We had a 14' sb and had to leap frog the tree where someone had cut off the branches.

I think I saw icb or bowdy out there.
    I don't have a raft anymore, I was at the mouth sometime last week.

I have a 16 ft cat and plan on floating tomorrow from the bridge down...Will the 16 be alright? concerned about the river wide sweeper and the log jam..Thanks