Thread: Another Good day on the River...

Default Another Good day on the River...

Went down again early this morning. This time I took a co-worker that hasn't ever floated the river before and just picked up fishing up here last year. He's put in a ton of work on his own and hasn't had a the best of luck. So I thought it would be good to get him on the river.

We saw two black bears up close, which was pretty cool. One just walked along the rocks up above the river and the other swam across a back channel in front of us.

The red fishing was a bit slow, most the fish are red and the chromers that are there, are pretty torn up it seems. There were still some chromers to be had but were tough to weed out and thread the needle through all the other red fish. I managed 2 and my buddy took home one nice chromer.

Thursday I caught my biggest rainbow...well today, I caught a bigger one. We taped this one out and it was right at 21 inches. I know that's not huge but man it was cool seeing him slam a flesh fly. He came out of the same hole as Thursdays fish.

Rainbow.jpgRainbow3.jpg

Very cool post! Love the spots on the rainbow. Props on taking the new guy out fishing, sounds like a great day.

nice looking bow! I would much rather have quality then quantity.