Thread: Outdoors Directory Phone App?

Question Outdoors Directory Phone App?

Could I make a suggestion for an AOD phone app?
    It makes sense to me for me to pay the .99 cents for a phone app for AOD instead of paying it towards Tapatalk to get better access to viewing the forum board via that program.

I don't know. I just feel like I'd rather my $ via my iPhone is better kept in Alaska and towards local business instead of being distributed towards a Lower 48 company.

I don't know... with how many thousands of active members we have here, it would make sense to develop some kind of app that we can log into directly on our Blackberry, Andriods, or iPhones so that we can access our PMs, view our subscriptions to certain threads, and then order from the bookstore as needed.

Lurker.

Bump. Response?
    Lurker.

I will upgrade tapatalk to the paid version the minute the money goes to the forum... not some software company out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    I will upgrade tapatalk to the paid version the minute the money goes to the forum... not some software company out of state.
    I agree with that. I'd rather my $ stay local too.
    I like statistics, show I'll share them.
    Members: 46,689
    Active Members: 4,830
    The number of Active Members really shocks me because I think that there is more. In the winter months, it's definitely more than that.
    So... let's say even only 1/2 of those people purchase the phone app.
    At $2 per phone app, that's still $4,830.00 into the investment of this local site.
    How about a $4.99 app for more features.
    Premium, Contributing, and Sponsoring Members (I don't even know what the levels are) could have some kind of unlimited access.
    There could be areas to be a paying sponsor.
    You can sign up for deals offered through Outdoors Directory.
    There could be a direct link to the Outdoors Directory Bookstore.
    I don't know about you guys, but there is something appealing to considering having a phone app and being able to access it from my phone.
    Who knows. It's just a recommendation.
    Lurker.

Great. Today while looking at my phone, it looks as if I have a nice new app.
    My husband and I share apps so when he downloads one, it shows on my phone.
    Today he loaded CT Forum. I guess it's a contractor talk board.
    AOD, if contractors have an app, outdoors enthusiasts should as well.
    Lurker.

My company is developing an app right now for something unrelated. It is EXPENSIVE! There would be a huge loss on the project you suggest and that is just for 1 platform, add in the blackberry OS and Android and it would be 3x worse! If you think you can develop an app that integrates with vBulletin and make it profitable by servicing just one forum then you don't have a clear understanding of the nature of what you are proposing.

The value of this forum are in it's page hits and links to other advertising sites. If the tapatalk app makes it easier for you to access the server and visit more often then that IS a value to the AOD.

And I do believe the forum has the option of 'buying' the tapatalk app for our site but X number of dollars didn't sound viable at the time....there was a thread on it...